Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calculating usage accurately

Options
  • 29-07-2013 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies for the novice phrasing here.
    I want to monitor the electricity used by a workshop attached to my house for billing purposes. Is there a device I can attach to the line to work it out? It has it's own separate lights and socket fuses on the board.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Yes. It's called an ESB Meter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

You can get meters called Owls or similar devices that you clip around either the live or the neutral at the point where you want to monitor. This would require separating the pair slightly, wouldn't be normal to have them separated past the Esb meter. As always, get an electrician etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

TheChizler wrote: »
    You can get meters called Owls or similar devices that you clip around either the live or the neutral at the point where you want to monitor. This would require separating the pair slightly, wouldn't be normal to have them separated past the Esb meter. As always, get an electrician etc...

Thanks, that's exactly what I am looking for.

p.s. We'll let the child in Dortmund have his/her moment in the sun! ;)

Advertisement