Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place to jog, Dublin 9

Options
  • 29-07-2013 3:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

As it says on the tin, looking for somewhere to run, preferably on a track or grass. There's that park beside DCU, but from what I remember the pitch is pretty small (lots of laps so lol) that the best option?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭weldon

Griffith Avenue is quite a nice place to stroll along, I assume jogging would be much the same and it's the longest tree lined avenue in Europe!

Alternatively, depending on whereabouts in Drumcondra you are the Seafront at Clontarf is great for jogging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Apparently you should job on Tarmac and never concrete, as concrete wears you joints down due to the greater impact as concrete doesn't flex with your weight like Tarmac. I usually run on the roads between whitworth road and griffith avenue as they are tarmac and there is never any cars really. Iona is also quite nice to jog through. Drumcondra road is good as they foot path is so wide people move to get out of your way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

St Kevins (?) in Beaumont. Two large GAA pitches and multiple soccer pitches. Choice of grass or tarmac. Lovely place for a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

As it says on the tin, looking for somewhere to run, preferably on a track or grass. There's that park beside DCU, but from what I remember the pitch is pretty small (lots of laps so lol) that the best option?

Many thanks

Lots of joggers in Albert College park use the whole park to jog around alternating on the paths and the grass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Lots of joggers in Albert College park use the whole park to jog around alternating on the paths and the grass
    Tried it today, it is tarmac all around so its not too hard on the legs but if anyone else is trying it watch out for the slippy bits, there are quite a few due to soggy fallen leaves

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

If you're willing to pay a bit, you could consider ALSAA or Morton Stadium for a track? (Not sure about ALSAA, but membership to Morton Stadium is for their track and gym)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

If you get an app like Mapmyrun you can see what routes other people have completed in your area. Some of them will have descriptions too.

If you're willing to pay a bit, you could consider ALSAA or Morton Stadium for a track? (Not sure about ALSAA, but membership to Morton Stadium is for their track and gym)
    I'm only in Dublin for about a week each month so its not really worth it, thanks though!

If you get an app like Mapmyrun you can see what routes other people have completed in your area. Some of them will have descriptions too.
    Good idea, I actually use that app but hadnt thought of doing that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Or if you're willing to head out that way, Santry Demesne behind Morton stadium has a nice couple of circuits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Red About Town

Any recommendations in Dublin 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

Any recommendations in Dublin 8?

Phoenix Park?

Advertisement