Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acceptable behavior in Feedback

Options
  • 29-07-2013 4:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭

Ok starting another thread here rather than drag the current one of topic (and I know I post far too much in feedback for my total number of posts :o.

But my question is, what is the level of posting that is required in feedback. I ask this because in many of the forums here calling someone a troll or a rereg on thread is not considered proper posting and the use of the report post function is encouraged. Does the more open nature of feedback mean that this rule is not really applicable (I understand there is few overarching rules across boards but this one does seem to be fairly common).

Secondly, I understand feedback is not a debating forum as such so the emphasis on refutation is not central, but it is also not a more casual forum like AH where humor and a bit of light slagging is one of its raison d'être . So having stolen this from the politics forum.
    media_httpimgskitchcom20090726nkcke5k2pcrgx4e2gt9ifgiyhkjpg_HiprbesEtEEevjH.jpg

My question is, are posters meant to try and stick to the top 4 groupings in the diagram, or is all the types of posting shown on the diagram appropriate for feedback?
    Since I have been on boards (irregularly since 2006) the general posting on Feedback has improved dramatically so I am wondering if there's any formal statement of the desire for improved posting (or was it simply a ban on lolcats ;) ) and if repeated nonconstructive posting is sanctioned?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Ok starting another thread here rather than drag the current one of topic (and I know I post far too much in feedback for my total number of posts :o.

But my question is, what is the level of posting that is required in feedback. I ask this because in many of the forums here calling someone a troll or a rereg on thread is not considered proper posting and the use of the report post function is encouraged. Does the more open nature of feedback mean that this rule is not really applicable (I understand there is few overarching rules across boards but this one does seem to be fairly common).

Secondly, I understand feedback is not a debating forum as such so the emphasis on refutation is not central, but it is also not a more casual forum like AH where humor and a bit of light slagging is one of its raison d'être . So having stolen this from the politics forum.

My question is, are posters meant to try and stick to the top 4 groupings in the diagram, or is all the types of posting shown on the diagram appropriate for feedback?
    Since I have been on boards (irregularly since 2006) the general posting on Feedback has improved dramatically so I am wondering if there's any formal statement of the desire for improved posting (or was it simply a ban on lolcats ;) ) and if repeated nonconstructive posting is sanctioned?

Feedforward kinda killed the Feedback forum of old.
    So did the bit about rational talk and not being allowed to call a poster a dick when (s)he is a dick and everyone knows it. Oh ya, and the lack of humour unless its to poke fun at a blatant re-reg.
    Its all part of the master plan though

LIKE OMG OMG! You're a re-reg. You must be nuked :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

All types are appropriate - the trick is knowing *when* they're appropriate. :)

Advertisement