Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honeymoon Destination October/November

Options
  • 29-07-2013 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi All,

I am getting married next October (2014) in Australia (Fiancee is Australian) We aim to head back to Ireland for a few weeks to meet the people who can't travel and then head on about 3 weeks honeymoon before returning to Australia.

Can anyone suggest somewhere to head for the three weeks.

We would like to give some of it in a nice beach area however would also like to have some other things to do.

One thought we had was Morocco as we could give some time in the cities and some time on a quiet beach along with a camel ride to the Sahara.

As I said we are open to suggestions as to anywhere to head.
    Would also like to hear of anyone who was in Morocco at that time.

If anyone can give me some suggestions I would be very thankful.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I've just seen cheap flights on www.holidaypirates.co.uk Seems a very cheap way of getting a holiday to South Africa and Seychelles, only thing is you'd have to arrange separate flights back to Dublin from Paris, but you could take a couple of days in Paris too, not a bad honeymoon!

http://www.holidaypirates.com/flights/flights-to-south-africa-and-seychelles

Etihad Airways is offering a incredible open-jaw fare for flights from Dublin to Johannesburg, Johannesburg to Seychelles and Seychelles to Paris for only £414 / €479 – round trip incl. taxes. The flights from Dublin to Johannesburg and Seychelles to Paris have layover in Abu Dhabi.

The cheapest tickets are available for flights in November or December 2013. Flights in February, March or April 2014 are available from £486 / €563.

There are also more expensive routings from different cities around Europe. Here is what I've found:

•Paris - Seychelles - Johannesburg - Frankfurt / Dusseldorf or Munich €539 & up
    •Amsterdam - Seychelles - Johannesburg - Frankfurt / Dusseldorf or Munich €545 & up
    •mabye more

Please check Skyscanner.com for a connection flight to Dublin.

Here are some sample dates for the cheapest routing:

Dublin to Johannesburg:

•November: 4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28

•February: 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 13, 17, 19, 20, 24, 27

•March: 3, 6, 10, 12, 13, 17, 20, 24, 31

Johannesburg to Seychelles:

•November: 10, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, 26, 28

•December: 3, 5

•February: 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, 27

•March: 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, 27

•April: 1, 3, 8, 10

Seychelles to Paris:

•November: 17, 18, 19, 24, 26

•December: 4, 9, 10

•February: 17, 19, 24, 26

•March: 3, 5, 10, 11, 12, 17, 19, 24, 25, 26, 31

•April: 1, 2, 8, 15, 16

Johannesburg is blessed with a sunny and dry climate mostly all round the year. The summer is between November and March with a day time high range of 23-25°C. But the temperature is dropping down to a minimum of 15 degree during the night. December and January are the peak month to visit Johannesburg.

The Seychelles have a warm tropical climate all around the year. It really depends on what activities you want to do during your holidays For example the best time for Scuba Diving is in March, April, May, September October and November. For sailing its around May and October.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 observed

Thanks for the help however we were looking at North Africa as opposed to southern half as we are going to a wedding in Victoria Falls next year which will include a stopover in South Africa for a while.

Advertisement