Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music to soothe

Options
  • 29-07-2013 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of putting together a playlist for labour and I'm looking for some suggestions. I'm thinking gentle tunes but not like wave music or anything.

I'd probably stick most of Damian Rice's O on it - my fave album ever. But I'm not too sure after that. I don't want anything that will distract me too much. I laboured badly last time, was too tense the entire time, unable to breathe or regulate anything.

This time (cos I ain't going for a third) I want to feel like I really tried to go for a natural birth and being relaxed in the hours leading up to it are all part of my plan. (The natural birth is a hope but I'm willing to move on it if necessary).

So what have ye got in yer playlists?

*edited. Thank you for your patience*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

nicowa wrote: »
    I'm thinking of putting together a playlist for labour and I'm looking for some suggestions. I'm thinking gentle tunes but not like wave music or anything.

I'd probably stick most of Damian Rice's O on it - my fave album ever. But I'm not too sure after that. I don't want anything that will distract me too much. I laboured badly last time, was too tense the entire time, unable to breathe or regulate anything.

This time (cos I ain't going for a third) I want to feel like I really tried to go for a natural birth and being relaxed in the hours leading up to it are all part of my plan. (The natural birth is a hope but I'm willing to move on it if necessary).

So what have ye got in yer playlists?

*edited. Thank you for your patience*

I know it's not for everybody, but I find Classical music very very relaxing.

I didn't use it for labour but I used to have it on the TV on lyric fm or some of them all day when me and my baby came home from hospital and he used to really relax with it too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Gee_G wrote: »
    I know it's not for everybody, but I find Classical music very very relaxing.

I didn't use it for labour but I used to have it on the TV on lyric fm or some of them all day when me and my baby came home from hospital and he used to really relax with it too :)

+1 - apparently there's studies that show that babies relax with classical music. My mam used to put lyric fm on for my niece & nephew to soothe them to sleep when they were minded at her house. I think I'll be just tuning lyric fm into my iPhone and listening to that.

Advertisement