Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunters Wood, Dublin 24

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

Hunterswood and its surrounding area are really coming on now that the worst of the recession is over. Building that had been halted for several years has now re-commenced, a playground has opened up just around the corner on Stocking Avenue and a new Educate Together School is being proposed for somewhere around the area.

It also has an excellent bus service, and a Lidl a couple of minutes drive away. The Management Company are also making a real effort to generate a community feel to the area. They've started producing a newsletter, and there's a Family Fun Day being held in the estate this Sunday. All positive signs that Hunterswood is starting to 'bed in' as a settled residential area.

There have been long postponed plans to build a new shopping centre, including cafes etc on Stocking Avenue. I presume they will be revived, now that so many new houses are being built. That is the one thing the area could still do with; a sort of central hub where amenities could be focussed. It would be great to see a community centre and library also being built around there. After 12 years, I think it's badly needed. We shouldn't still be relying on a mobile library service, once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

a new Educate Together School is being proposed for somewhere around the area.

Proposed since 1997

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

guile4582 wrote: »
    given the transport situation, prices are ridiclious

people need to stop paying these prices!
    Supply and demand. People need somewhere to live that's within an asses roar of Dublin, and there are very few places within their budget.

And no, you won't get something better in Co. Meath for half the money. Not when you take commuting and other factors into account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

seamus wrote: »
    Supply and demand. People need somewhere to live that's within an asses roar of Dublin, and there are very few places within their budget.

And no, you won't get something better in Co. Meath for half the money. Not when you take commuting and other factors into account.

Who said anything about Meath who would want to live there. People dont bat an eyelid at paying 300 grand for a semi detached house.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Hunterswood and its surrounding area are really coming on now that the worst of the recession is over. Building that had been halted for several years has now re-commenced, a playground has opened up just around the corner on Stocking Avenue and a new Educate Together School is being proposed for somewhere around the area.

Unless there's a major traffic management plan in place for the Ballycullen Road (which I doubt), this entire area is going to be a disaster. It can already take up to 20 minutes to get from Hunterswood onto Colmcille's Way in the mornings. Serious lack of joined-up thinking from South Dublin CoCo going on up here.

• Advertisement

Proposed since 1997

No, it's now been officially approved by the Dept of Education who are looking for expressions of interest for pupils from 2018 who would attend.

guile4582 wrote: »
    given the transport situation, prices are ridiclious

people need to stop paying these prices!

Public transport in Hunterswood is one of the best things about it. The 15 bus terminus is about two minutes walk away, and there's always one or two buses parked up and waiting to leave. The 15B terminus is just around the corner and is reasonably regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

Rathmines is crazy in the mornings

other side: Harolds X/Kimmage equally as mental - pay 350k for a house and sit on a bus for an hour?

Most parts of Dublin suffer from gridlock during morning rush hour, regardless of how much you have paid for your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

audi12 wrote: »
    Who said anything about Meath who would want to live there. People dont bat an eyelid at paying 300 grand for a semi detached house.
    I'm sure they bat an eyelid or five, but like all matters of supply and demand, a property is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. If people are willing to pay 300 grand for houses in the area, then that's what they're worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 HouseHunter007

Hi All, New to Boards, looking for some insight on Hunterswood estate present day 2018. - 3 bed circa €380,000

Myself and my husband and little girl of 2 are very interested in a house, we are from the Dublin 14 area, but just cant afford to stay there

- Ideally would like to know is the traffic still manic?
    - Are the Amenities better
    - Is there still anti social behavior form Daletree
    - Can you go for a walk at night on your own as a woman
    - What are the names of the estates referred to as 'Old' Firhouse?

Many Thanks for any info received

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

That pretty much says it all so

Can I just confirm the Kilaninny Road. is that the Firhouse road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement