Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommendation for a short break - We're in our mid 20's?

• 29-07-2013 9:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Everyone

Im looking for a recommendation for a short break abroad (Friday to Mon) for myself and the gf in September. We are in our mid 20's and I'm looking for something a bit different, somewhere that has cheap expenses if possible as the funds are a bit tight hence the short break.

If thought of London, Amsterdam but we have been so any recommendations would be great.

Was thinking Barcelona or Prague?

Thanks

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Prague is affordable i hear and people i know who've been there said it's a great place to visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I'd really recommend Tallinn. Cheaper than Prague too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭MRG77

+1 for Tallinn. Plus you can do a day trip from Tallinn over to Helsinki.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Lisbon is lovely, has loads to do and is very affordable. We stayed in Hotel Luxe which was 2 star but very decent and close to the metro. Budapest is another suggestion, again very cheap and lots to see & do, really enjoyed it there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭clumsyklutz

I'd recommend Rome, may sound expensive but flights at the moment are only around 75pp return! Also stayed in campsite 20 mins outside rome, for three nights you're looking at around a hundred quid and you won't need much in the way of spending money either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Challo

Has to be Berlin!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 shmalentine

I hear Prague and Barcelona are beautiful places. Have never actually been myself but family and close friends that have been have all re-visited at some point .

If the funds are a bit tight I think maybe you should reconsider Amsterdam. You can probably get great deal flights out there but the city itself is extremely expensive.

Hope you have happy travels :)

Advertisement