If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED TV for over fireplace

Options
  • 29-07-2013 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Good morning RS folks :)
    I've been advised by a friend who worked in AV installation that I need to replace my current plasma  about 3'-4' over a stove in our sitting room before winter rolls around and that we start using it (the stove). He felt that there would be an overheating issue and that, ultimately, our TV would go bye bye.

With this in mind I'm starting my search for a replacement, ideally by the end of September with sooner being better obviously. My criteria would be as follows:

SMART TV with DNLA
    42" + 
    LED (our friend advised us that LED would have the least heat issues with our placement but if he's wrong we're happy to be corrected)
    Compatible with a standard wall mount
    On a budget of roughly €500

We're happy to spin up the N1/M1 to collect if need be and any recommendations/suggestions/corrections to my distinct lack of knowledge regarding these things any more are appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Evac101 wrote: »
    Good morning RS folks
    I've been advised by a friend who worked in AV installation that I need to replace my current plasma  about 3'-4' over a stove in our sitting room before winter rolls around and that we start using it (the stove). He felt that there would be an overheating issue and that, ultimately, our TV would go bye bye.

With this in mind I'm starting my search for a replacement, ideally by the end of September with sooner being better obviously. My criteria would be as follows:

SMART TV with DNLA
    42" + 
    LED (our friend advised us that LED would have the least heat issues with our placement but if he's wrong we're happy to be corrected)
    Compatible with a standard wall mount
    On a budget of roughly €500

We're happy to spin up the N1/M1 to collect if need be and any recommendations/suggestions/corrections to my distinct lack of knowledge regarding these things any more are appreciated.

HI Evac101,

Thanks for getting in touch, and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

I'd generally always go with the rule that a TV shouldn't be mounted on a wall above a fireplace that's still in use.  If it's just a stove then it may not be such an issue.  

I'd say your friend is right on the LED option.  Not an awful lot of heat generated from them so all good.  The only thing is you're going to go slightly over your budget to meet that spec with a bracket etc included.  

For a 42" smart TV check out the LG 42 LN575 currently priced at £479.95 which includes a free 5 year guarantee.  Fantastic TV with all smart features and built in WiFi so no more dongles or cables.  Picture quality is superb too.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42ln575v/lg-42ln575v

For a wall mount we have a great Alphason wall mount here in the Belfast store at £39.95.  This will hold up to a 55" screen so future proofed if you wanted to upgrade to something bigger in future.  

For all this including delivery you're looking £549.85 / €670.54.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

HI Evac101,

Thanks for getting in touch, and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

I'd generally always go with the rule that a TV shouldn't be mounted on a wall above a fireplace that's still in use.  If it's just a stove then it may not be such an issue.  

I'd say your friend is right on the LED option.  Not an awful lot of heat generated from them so all good.  The only thing is you're going to go slightly over your budget to meet that spec with a bracket etc included.  

For a 42" smart TV check out the LG 42 LN575 currently priced at £479.95 which includes a free 5 year guarantee.  Fantastic TV with all smart features and built in WiFi so no more dongles or cables.  Picture quality is superb too.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42ln575v/lg-42ln575v

For a wall mount we have a great Alphason wall mount here in the Belfast store at £39.95.  This will hold up to a 55" screen so future proofed if you wanted to upgrade to something bigger in future.  

For all this including delivery you're looking £549.85 / €670.54.

Let me know what you think.

Chris
    Thanks for the prompt reply Chris. While I would love to have the money it's, unfortunately, not an option at this point due to other considerations (wife getting a new kitchen, bye bye budget). I guess my best bet is to maintain a watch for your clearance/unboxed threads and see if I can get what I need from that :) Appreciate the advice in any case and hopefully I'll be able to obtain this from you guys at some point in the near(ish) future if I can!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭nitna bitna

i got hannspree 40 inch superslim 1080p full hd led tv
    extremely light tv with ambient light sensor built in, was 500 in did electrical
    its only 359 now well worth the money its the exact same as the adjacent 699 lg led tv which is 699euro

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

i got hannspree 40 inch superslim 1080p full hd led tvextremely light tv with ambient light sensor built in, was 500 in did electricalits only 359 now well worth the money its the exact same as the adjacent 699 lg led tv which is 699euro
    Hey.

No worries at all.

Should you need anything in the future please let us know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.