Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to EI - problems with Airtricity

Options
  • 29-07-2013 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

I switched back to EI on July 10 and the agent who called to my door took a meter reading. I have since received the final bill from Airtricity and they have added 166 units to the reading. So far my emails have been ignored and when I press 1 for a callback from customer services the callback never happens. How do I ensure that I don't pay twice for these units? I assume that EI will start with the reading taken on the 10th?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

I switched back to EI on July 10 and the agent who called to my door took a meter reading. I have since received the final bill from Airtricity and they have added 166 units to the reading. So far my emails have been ignored and when I press 1 for a callback from customer services the callback never happens. How do I ensure that I don't pay twice for these units? I assume that EI will start with the reading taken on the 10th?
    Hi Cheshire Cat,

We regret the delay in response to your emails/callback requests. You will receive a response; we would like to reassure you that our email team would not disregard any email.

Your previous supplier should bill you up to the date your switch took place, unless it was an estimate that generated the bill. If you private message us your name, address and electricity MPRN (meter point reference number) we will check into this for you.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Sorry Una,

Crossed wires here. It's Airtricity that's ignoring me. I tried to sort it with them first. 

They sent me a final bill up to the switch date, but added 166 units to the reading taken by your agent. 

I presume that this reading was submitted to airtricity by you and that my bills with you will start with that reading. Don't want to pay for the "extra" units twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Cheshire Cat,

We would need to check your account/switch in progress to see why the reading is different on the final bill to the one you submitted.

Usually a new supplier would bill from the point of the reading given to make the switch, yes - so this would require us checking into the account.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

PM sent

Advertisement