Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carphone warehouse repair

Options
  • 29-07-2013 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

I left my htc one x in to cpw to be repaired under warranty four weeks ago. Have been tracking the repair on their website and it is still "awaiting parts".
    Has anyone any experience dealing with cpw repairs?
    Is this a normal amount of time to be waiting?
    Wouldn't be too bad but for the fact that the phone I am using is dropping calls and the earpiece doesn't work:-(

Btw the problem with the one x is that it turned off and wouldn't power back on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭neilmulvey

HTC have major issues supplying replacement main board got the One Series phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Yeah it was the main board, they said it had overheated and warped.
    Got it back during the week, happy days:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

Wilser. From my experience, if a phone was away for more than 28 days you could argue that it was an unacceptable amount of time and maybe request you get a new phone?

I'm still half asleep. Didn't even see you got your phone back.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Its in their policy that if it takes more than 28 "working" days that they will replace it.
    Generally back within 10 working days though.
    djdunny wrote: »
    Wilser. From my experience, if a phone was away for more than 28 days you could argue that it was an unacceptable amount of time and maybe request you get a new phone?

I'm still half asleep. Didn't even see you got your phone back.

Advertisement