Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Securewatch-External Bell Tamper Fault

Options
  • 29-07-2013 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone may assist me with this.

We had a guy installing new gutters earlier and he hit off the external alarm box and activated the alarm. The alarm went off after 20 minutes or so but there is a fault "External Bell Tamper" reading on the panel and we cannot activate the alarm now. Does anyone know how to clear this so we can get alarm working again please?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd say the lid was knocked out of place. Have you a ladder to get up & check this? I'd say opening & closing it again should do it providing they didn't break anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Thanks for the response. Apparently they didn't hit alarm box but vibration from the removal of the gutter caused the activation. How can I reset the panel to remove the fault display so I can set the alarm?

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

larry1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the response. Apparently they didn't hit alarm box but vibration from the removal of the gutter caused the activation. How can I reset the panel to remove the fault display so I can set the alarm?

Thanks again!

As koolkid said it is more than likely the tamper has moved and needs to reset in the bell itself. Only getting up with a ladder and opening and closing the external bell (provided nothing is broke) will reset this for you. There is another way of just installing a resistor in the control panel along with the BHO wire that will remove this also if you have no access to the external bell.

Advertisement