Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost IPhone 4s

Options
  • 29-07-2013 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Reward offered, I Phone 4s left on back seat of taxi outside Jurys hotel on Saturday Night/ Sunday Morning. Black Phone with black rubber cover on it. 16 gb
    Not much use to anyone as it has pin lock and will be disabled within the next few days.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Zeloft

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cad12

Hi, thanks for that but yes I've already tried that. The phone needs to be turned on for that App to work.
    I've heard its not great as it can be wiped off it too.
    I called the phone within a minute of leaving the taxi and it rang a few times until it was powered off. I didn't get his number all I know he wasn't Irish

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Zeloft

cad12 wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for that but yes I've already tried that. The phone needs to be turned on for that App to work.
    I've heard its not great as it can be wiped off it too.
    I called the phone within a minute of leaving the taxi and it rang a few times until it was powered off. I didn't get his number all I know he wasn't Irish

http://www.garda.ie/Documents/User/Mobile%20Phone%20Theft%20Prevention%20Tips.pdf

I have all my phones details serial no. etc its just if I block it now the phone will be disabled. I suppose the chances now are very slim so maybe im just best off disabling it, photos and personal details is all I really want back from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Did you contact the taxi company?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

It's plenty of use to him in a different country.Hope you get it back but by the sounds of it I wouldn't think so.

I flagged him down at the side of the road, and from what some local taxi men told me, I doubt he was working for any taxi company.

I tried the Garda station etc and rang the hotel in the hope he would of dropped it in there.

I think its gone now :( not a happy camper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Any chance there might have been some CCTV in the area - outside a bar, shop, etc. If there was you might be able to spot the car and see a reg number. The Gardai would then be able to contact the owner. I know its a long shot. Otherwise have a wander around the same area again this Saturday night and see if you can spot him.

Advertisement