Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My account while I'm abroad

Options
  • 29-07-2013 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I'm moving abroad for 2 years and planning to bring/transfer the money in my account over too. I would prefer to keep my account with BOI but I'm wondering if I leave say €100 in the account for the two years am I likely to be in debt with the bank from government charges/bank charges?
    During these two years the account won't be used except possibly in an emergency if I needed money sent to me. (Which would be unlikely as I am planning to work abroad). Any comments/help is appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi JenL,

Thank you for your post.

Once a current account is open and active, fees and charges will be applied on a quarterly basis. The amount that is charged will depend on a number of factors. Unfortunately as we do not have account access here, we are unable to confirm what these charges may be.
    Please see here for more details on the current fee structure.

We would suggest you contact your account holding branch or alternatively please contact Banking 365 on 0818 365 365 for more information.

Please see here for our branch locator to assist you should you require it.

Thanks,

Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

Thanks Paula C. I'll follow it up with my branch.

Advertisement