Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - 5k training plan

Options
  • 29-07-2013 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi,

I was hoping someone in the know might be able to point me in the right direction WRT to a training plan to run 5k under 25 mins.

Currently I run it in just over 30 mins and this includes stopping for walks until I can run again. :(

I have a HRM and watch that I use for cycling that might come in handy for this.
    Max HR - 177 bpm, threshold - 157 bpm.

I understand there are different types of runs, endurance,speed, recovery..etc but I'm not sure which ones I should be doing or when/what order, as I only have 3 nights a week to train.

Could someone give me an idea of a training plan either based on HR zones or pace/distance that would help me out? I'm not training for any specific race so time is not a factor although the quicker I could achieve this, the better :D

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

If you have a smart phone runkeeper provide free training programs for different distances.

Even if you don't have a smart phone you can still get access to it. Used it myself when starting and can recommend it.

http://runkeeper.com/home

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭AnswerIs42

Thanks Shane,

I'll look into it

Advertisement