Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to move to in Canada

Options
  • 29-07-2013 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Im heading out to Canada early September and had originally planned to go to Toronto with a friend. But my friend dropped out so I'm going over on my own. The only thing now is that I'm thinking whether Toronto is for me?

I've heard a lot of people on here saying its very tough to get jobs etc in Toronto and I really don't want to come home after a few months in Toronto without finding anything.

My past jobs have been mostly in marketing and admin work and in the motor industry here in Ireland and I have two degrees in motor industry and logistics.

Should I still go to Toronto or would somewhere else suit better?

Cheers for any help given!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

If you want to work in marketing, then Toronto is your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭vwgolfmk504

COYVB wrote: »
    If you want to work in marketing, then Toronto is your best bet

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭yeller

Hi, I lived and worked in Toronto 9 years ago and it was great place, nice weather and nice friendly people too.
    I worked in communications there and do sometimes regret leaving to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Calgary, red deer or Edmonton. Heart of the oil and gas industry in Alberta. Where all the companies set up. If your into the motor industry and logistics this is where you want to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭chris_john_lane

How much money would you need starting off in Toronto?

• Advertisement
Advertisement