Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilroy's College Golf Psychology course

Options
  • 29-07-2013 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hello all, I'm giving serious consideration to this course and was hoping someone might see this who has done it?

http://www.kilroyscollege.ie/course.php?course_id=37

I came close to signing up back in January and am very tempted now at half price. I have read all of Rotella's works and while I'm a high handicapper who is slow to improve the influence of the mind on a golfers game fascinates me.

Thanks in advance, I'd love any feedback on this course ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭markpauldunne

Well the offer Closes today, So I've just signed up, Ill keep posting on how it goes might help someone else in the future fingers crossed...... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭goodgolfer64

without sounding pessimistic....is there a qualification with this course??? your not exactly going to work in the field of golf after 1 years course.....
    dont be sold down the road of an offer expiring....
    be better money spent if you looked maybe into karl morris's stuff...he does group coachin

The Stuff Arrived, It Included,

- A welcome to Kilroys college booklet (looks generic for all their courses)
    - 2 A4 Study booklets
    1)Introducing Golf Psychology and
    2)Psychological factors.
    - Copy of Golf is not a game of perfect (funny enough Ive read the rest of his works but not this yet).

I was Initially disappointed with the Package but I've had a bad habit of dismissing things and quitting when it comes to study.

So Ill complete these sections and send back for grading.

@goodgolfer64 , I don't think there is a qualification unless they produce some (unrecognized) cert of their own & I do
    like Karl Morris's stuff online but I want to eek toward the working of the brain in golf/sport more than getting my handicap down.
    So I'm justifying this as a tester before I would spend Major money on a cert/diploma/degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭yettie1701

Hi there just wondering how the course is going. I'm interested myself but there seems to be mixed opinions on it.

Hi @Yettie, Im afraid I've been at a standstill on the 3rd section due to some work commitments. So still not sure about it...
    I'm certainly not in a position to recommend (even at the discount I got) to anyone as of yet but still have a lot of work to do before I can say I've given it a fair crack.

The 1st of two lessons breaks down as follows,
    Your Overall Learning Objectives ...............................7
    Introduction..................................................................8
    Getting the Most from Golf Psychology.....................10
    Self-Assessment - Questionnaire 1............................. 11
    Session 1 Golf Psychology: The What and The Why .... 17
    Self-Evaluation - Questionnaire 2.................................21
    Session 2 Key Psychological Concepts .........................24
    Session 3 Beginning to Apply Psychology Motivation 28
    Self-Evaluation - Questionnaire 3.................................30
    Session 4 Sports Psychology: An Overview................. 33
    Session 5 Golf: A Psychological Game......................... 37
    Summary.......................................................................42
    Keywords..................................................................... 44
    Bibliography.................................................................46
    Assignment 1 - Lesson 1 .............................................49
    Student Information Sheet

I'm now at sessiion 5.

• Advertisement

Finished the 1st Lesson and sent back the assignment, Recieved Corrected paper (100% Mark) and Lesson 3 in the post.
    Now working on Lesson 2.

Advertisement