Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange phonecall

Options
  • 29-07-2013 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭

Got a call today and when I answered saying "Hello" I got a recorded message saying "Hello <my name, which was a different voice>. If this message is for you press 1. If not, press 2" or something along those lines.

I didn't press anything just in case, but does anyone know what this is or is it some kind of scam?
    Of course, it could be an Eircom messaging service as I just moved over to them and rarely use the landline anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I got something similar at work. The call gave the name of a girl I worked with, her name was very unusual. she picked up the phone when they rang the next time. Turned out that it was the loan section in her bank and they wanted her to contact the local branch about an overdue loan. She was furious as she never gave her work number to the bank nor had she given them premission to contact her at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't think was that. I'm up to date on my payments. If it happens again, I guess I can go ahead with it, outta curiosity

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Don't think was that. I'm up to date on my payments. If it happens again, I guess I can go ahead with it, outta curiosity

Ulsterbank uses automated system like that if they think your card has been compromised, got the call last month in Sweden :)

But i think the recording mentioned though that it was from UB

Advertisement