Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

f connector locking terminators

• 29-07-2013 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I'm experimenting at home with a saor view and satellite receiver box. I have put the dish and it's lined up out the back and ran the wires into the attic. I'm going to run these wires down into three bedrooms and two tv rooms.

Problem I have is that I managed to get an old board that will split the signal. Like a mother board. But it has 5locking terminators on it. there are only 8 output f connectors so I need to take them off but they just keep spinning. I presume it's an old upc or ntl board.

Anyone know where I can get a tool to remove these as I don't want to damage the connections.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

A bit of googling will find info on removing the terminators.

There's no point using a splitter with satellite signals though: each tuner needs its own cable from the lnb if you want the full selection of channels available independently on each.

Advertisement