Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please remove all instances of 'forums'

Options
  • 29-07-2013 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

and replace them with 'fora'. Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Eh, no.
    The plural of forum is usually spelled forums; the plural fora (as in the original Latin) is chiefly used when talking about a public square in an ancient Roman city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

well that was short,sweet and to the point Dades :)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭rab!dmonkey

But I like pretending to be a Roman citizen engaging in political discourse...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

1349627324022.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I miss the cats, I really do.

Or in keeping with the topic, Felis silvestris catus lol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Steve wrote: »
    Felis silvestris catus lol.
    Maybe, maybe not Stevo. I feel I must...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Semper ubi sub ubi?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

endacl wrote: »
    Semper ubi sub ubi?
    Especially when attending fora..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

and replace them with 'fora'. Thanks.

Or 'flauna'? Either works for me.

Advertisement