Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finish on 50mm red ESB cable

Options
  • 29-07-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭

I bought some 50 mm red ESB cable for some electrical work at home.
    With the cable left over, I want to put a telephone tube under the garden for the kids. One kid speaks one side the other listens and speaks back. I want someway to finish it off nicely.

If I just cut the tube, it won't look well and I don't want muck, rain, falling in and ruining it. I need some sort of mesh that I can put on either side - any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

im presuming its 50mm red ducting you mean not cable,

You could put old empty pringle boxs over each end, you could let the kids re-decorate them and maybe cut them a bit shorter.

Then when the kids would be talking to each other through the tube they could take off the boxs and put them to there ear and talk into the tube like a phone.

You might need to attach a piece of string to stop them from being thrown away

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

pdiddy wrote: »
    im presuming its 50mm red ducting you mean not cable,

You could put old empty pringle boxs over each end, you could let the kids re-decorate them and maybe cut them a bit shorter.

Then when the kids would be talking to each other through the tube they could take off the boxs and put them to there ear and talk into the tube like a phone.

You might need to attach a piece of string to stop them from being thrown away

Great idea.

Advertisement