Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest streaming box for netflix?

Options
  • 29-07-2013 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

I see Sky have a new Roku box that's only £10 but they have all competitors removed from the Roku shop, so what are other cheap streaming boxes? Really only want it for Netflix.

Comments

Roku LT is £34.50 on Amazon and various other UK stores (seems to be a nationwide price cut). It has a Netflix app.

The Sky box for £10 is the same hardware but with Netflix and a few other apps removed. It remains to be seen if Netflix can be sideloaded onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 techguy101

Have you thought about getting a Chromecast?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I have the roku lt and the quality is not great , if you get your hands on a roku hd or roku 3 box you would be better off.
    Better again would be a rooted second generation sky tv. ...
    As for content the routed sky I think would be best for content but the roku boxs have a lot of content including spotify which i use a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,312 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

techguy101 wrote: »
    Have you thought about getting a Chromecast?
    requiring the use of a parent device - such as a tablet or pc. serves great as an addon for people who already have nice things

Advertisement