Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment Gateways

Options
  • 29-07-2013 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm helping a business that are currently using Realex + AIB Merchant services.

There costs are running at €29 + VAT for Realex + €30 per month for AIB MS - Total per month = €59 - and then the credit card % charges on top.

Looking for a more cost effective solution.

Does anybody use any of these payment processors:
    www.stripe.com

www.braintreepayments.com

www.balancedpayments.com

Need something that has direct integration (unlike PayPal in Ireland)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭bridest

just came across these also

https://www.paymill.com/en-ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Stripe is not yet available in Ireland. Its in private Beta so you have to ask for an invite. No merchant account needed. You can log in and create an account now though just cant use it without the invite. Just look at the user interface, really impressive. Also very transparent transaction only pricing, none of this monthly fee mullarkey.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

+1 for Paymill, did a test-integration of it a while back. I think they're aiming to be the European answer to Stripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭bridest

I done a quick cost comparison between Realex / AIBMS and Paymil.
    Looks like there would be significant cost savings with Paymill.

I'm not going to give away all details here - but there's a quick summary below.

You will see that there is a €592 saving with Paymill. But having said that Realex do offer dynamic currency conversion and RealVault - not sure if Paymill has the same level of service.

Total Transactions: 96
    Total Sales: €7200

Total Realex Costs per year (incl VAT):	€428.04

AIBMS Charges:	
    Total Authorisation charges: €1.94
    Total AIBMS Costs: €403.34 (this includes some months where charges would not reach the minimum €30)

Total Realex+ AIBMS:	€831.38

Paymill percentage charges on same volume: €212.4
    Paymill transaction charges: €26.88
    Total Paymill: €239.28

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PAYMILL

Hi Bridest,

I'm a representative of PAYMILL, the payment engineers. We offer an integrated payment service including the gateway and merchant account and are active throughout Europe (including Ireland where I am from) and we support 120 currencies world wide. We have no set up costs, no monthly charges and no cancellation costs. If you don't make money you also don't lose any. If anyone wants any advice on set-up or the benefits of PAYMILL just let me know.

Paul

• Advertisement
Advertisement