Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland

Options
  • 29-07-2013 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All
    Trying to change my postal address with BOI. I rang customer support and they said I could do it online but when I do It keeps asking for security code but I don't have one. Someone please help as all my bank correspondence is getting lost by An Post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

You can't do anything on BOI Online without your security code. Have you registered to use Banking Online? If not, go through those hoops. It will take a few days to get your confirmation snail mail.

EDIT : Oh.... I see the dilemma. Ring them again and insist that they do it themselves, while yer on the phone,.... THEN registed for Banking Online :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bound4auz

RangerR Thank you for your reply.
    I am registered for 365 but when I ring Im fobbed off telling me to use my inbox etc!! Think a change of bank is just in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I had this exact same trouble last year. Don't bother phoning
    them up, you will only get their customer services center
    and they are absolutely useless.

I literally had to march down to my registered branch
    (My new local branch couldn't even do it right I
    had to go to the branch where I first opened the account)
    I queried it with a guy at the service desk there and it was
    sorted. (if he hadn't been as nice, professional and sympathetic
    as he was I'd be with a different bank right now)

He was able to change it for me there and then
    without any issues. The over the phone guys are a bunch
    of clowns and make u listen to that annoying Vivaldi classical
    music when on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Guys, If your bank isn't working for you or are concomitant, make a formal complaint. Things won't change unless we complain en masse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭mel123

Ive changed address quite a few times in the past two years. Every time I pop a letter in the post to my branch with all the details, account number etc and its changed the next day, and I am also with BOI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

mel123 wrote: »
    Ive changed address quite a few times in the past two years. Every time I pop a letter in the post to my branch with all the details, account number etc and its changed the next day, and I am also with BOI.

Cool well I think the next think the OP should try
    is direct contact with his/her branch. Let us know
    how you get on OP!!

Thanks for all the help guys. Will keep ye posted

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Do you want me to move this thread to the Talk to Bank of Ireland forum?

yes if you could

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Done - moved to the Talk to Bank of Ireland forum to see if the reps there can assist

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi bound4auz,
    Thanks for posting. 

As mentioned above, changing address on 365 Online requires a security code that can only be posted to the address on your account. As you have already moved, the other option is to complete a Notification of Change of Details form and return this to your branch. You can download the form from here

A full list of branch postal addresses can be found here

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement