Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What happened to FightingFit on Camden Street? Is their website still maintained?

• 29-07-2013 3:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, anyone know what happened to FightingFit supplement store, Camden Street?
    I always liked them, one of the last places which still had a stock of old Nutrition X and Universal Nutrition Animal products, it's been boarded up the las few times I've been around the area so I'm assuming it's gone for good? :/

AFAIK Irish-Lifting is run by the same people, does anyone know if their online store is still active? I know the site is still up but sometimes websites stick around a lot longer than their real life counterparts :D

I've emailed them and all, just thought I might get a quick answer here since I know they've been popular with people from this board in the past - anyone got any info?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Any info? Made an order on the Irish-Lifting website yesterday for collection, went up to the warehouse but it was closed, can't get them by phone or email

Being optimistic for the moment and assuming they're just closed for some summer holidays and will eventually be open again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I ordered something off irish lifting at the end of april and received it with no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I am not sure if it is relevant but there was a fire next door. It seems to have been closed (boarded up) since then. Think the fire started in flannerys.

Talked to Mick this morning, yeah he was just away for a while, back now, open tomorrow at Irish Lifting in Sandyford.
    Apparently the fire damaged the building beyond repair so he has to find a new place :( Real shame, was a fantastic location right in the middle of town (and around the corner from my college ;) ), hope he's able to get back up and running soon

• Registered Users Posts: 15 David K. Woodard

Talked to Mick this morning, yeah he was just away for a while, back now, open tomorrow at Irish Lifting in Sandyford.
    Apparently the fire damaged the building beyond repair so he has to find a new place :( Real shame, was a fantastic location right in the middle of town (and around the corner from my college ;) ), hope he's able to get back up and running soon

Is it affordable to them as you say that the new place they chosen is located in the center of town? You said that you are also living there so do you have any idea about land prices as I am looking for a place to start my medicine store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Good to get the update hatrick and kudos for to you for keeping the faith! :D Mick no doubt will add in a few samples for your loyalty! :)

Is it affordable to them as you say that the new place they chosen is located in the center of town? You said that you are also living there so do you have any idea about land prices as I am looking for a place to start my medicine store.

No I meant the old location was epic and I hope they get one not too far from it, I don't think they've got a new place yet... Dublin is known to be a b!tch when it comes to high rents but if you're looking to actually buy a place you might get lucky given the current property market etc. Not in any way my area of expertise though so you'd be best to simply ignore everything I've said and ask in the Dublin forum :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Got this off their facebook page:

"As most of you probably know Fighting Fit burned down a few months ago, it's now become apparent we wont be allowed to open up again. We are selling off all the stock half price from the Irish Lifting warehouse at 87 Furze Road, Sandyford Industrial Estate, Dublin 18. It's this week only and here are some example prices:

Cyclone 39.99 retail, now 19.99

Animal Pump 39.99 retail, now 19.99

Alri cr2 creatine, retail 29.99, now 14.99

Nutrition x bags, retail 19.99, now 9.99 or 10 bags for 70 euro!

Teeshirts retail 29.99, now 14.99

Creatine mono 400g, was 19.99 now 9.99

Any past best by date products, 10 euro for powders or 5 euro for tablets

Open times are 11-5 Monday to Saturday this week only"

Sad times...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

There's a pretty good supplement shop around 100 metres down from Fighting Fit if you walk down the Georges Street direction to town. It's a little further down from opposite the DIT entrance.

I found it after arriving to the boarded up fighting fit and walked down Camden/George's Street into town.

They have a bigger range than fighting fit, prices are good enough too.

Sound blokes in there too.

Advertisement