Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec S80 AB Alarm problems

Options
  • 29-07-2013 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I am another Astec alarm user looking for some help please,,Model is S80 AB,,,I just moved house and I dont have code for alarm,,previous owner deceased.
    Any help appreciated,,Manual / instructions,
    Regards John

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi Scout & welcome.
    If the code is unknown you will have to try default the system. (this will involve having to reprogramme everything. Although on Astec that's not a lot.

Remove the mains power by removing the mains fuse over the orange neon light.
    Turn the 2 plastic screws on the panel to vertical & pull off the top lid towards you.When you have removed that locate the small black plastic link marked battery. Its to the very right of the terminals across the top.
    Remove that & the keypad should now be blank. (The external siren may be ringing now, ignore for now.)
    Now locate the factory link & remove that . Its the same as the battery link only its to the very left of the terminals.
    Now replace the mains fuse to power up the panel. If the alarm rings press Clear 4711.
    If the system disarms its successfully defaulted. If it doesn't it is engineer locked & you will need an engineer to reset it for you.
    I'll send you the manual as well, this will help you with programming the panel again. If you need any help give us a shout & we'll go through it for you here.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 scout100

Many thanks, I will print off manual and have a go in the morning.
    Regards John.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No bother let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 martiewalsh

Hi,
    I'm another Astec Alarm System user With S80 keypad that's has trouble and requires an Engineer manual to try and figure out why Infrared sensors are not working.
    Please help........:(

I sent you that manual.
    Enter engineer and enter 70
    How many PiRs are showing?
    If set flashes press SET.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 martiewalsh

A huge thanks KoolKid,

The Engineer manual is essential for problems and real maintenance!

I managed to reset the Infrared PIR's and enable them again on their respective channels. I also cleared all the engineer errors from the keypad.

7 PIR's on 3 channels all had to be reset - Thanks for the heads up and huge tip, would never have figured out how to resolve issues otherwise!

System has reset and is working normally again.

Regards and many thanks again.

Martin

Glad you got it sorted.

Advertisement