Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help me- Intel Video Driver trouble

Options
  • 29-07-2013 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

I have come here as I've been unable to get help anywhere else, this is my last cry for help!

I have a Lenovo G570 laptop. It has Windows 7 32-bit. I had to reinstall Windows because my computer crashed and by doing so, I lost all the drivers that were pre-installed on the laptop. I reinstalled most of them through the Lenovo website but when it comes to my graphics driver, all I get when I try to install is:

This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

The Lenovo driver I download is Intel Onboard Graphics Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit) - Lenovo G470 and G570, (IN2VDO69WW5.exe).

Can anyone help me? I should have HD graphics. I only have 2 options for my screen resolution. I have gone into advanced settings and all it tells me is that I have a Standard VGA Graphics Adaptor, which isn't right.

Please someone give me help on trying to install the correct Intel Onboard Graphics Driver.

I have included a screencap of a directX diagnostic.

I would be so so so so so grateful to anyone that can help me, as the Intel Support Forum has been of no help, they just advise me to download a generic HD driver, which results in the same This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software. message.dknf.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

Not familiar with this particular PC but it could be the chip-set driver you need to install?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

theUbiq wrote: »
    Not familiar with this particular PC but it could be the chip-set driver you need to install?

I think I tried it before but I'll try again, thanks for the help. I'm downloading it as we speak, AMD Video Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - Lenovo G470, G570

I installed it but nothing happened. This is the log:

Catalyst™ Install Manager
    Installation Report
    07/29/13 15:53:37

Hardware information
    Name AMD Radeon Graphics Processor
    Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Device ID 0x68e4
    Vendor ID 0x1002
    Class Code 0x030000
    Revision ID 0x00
    Subsystem ID 0x3979
    Subsystem vendor ID 0x17aa
    Other hardware

Existing packagesAMD Catalyst Install Manager

Packages for install
    AMD Catalyst Install ManagerFinal Status: Success
    Version of Item: 8.0.881.0
    Size: 20 Mbytes
    AMD APP SDK RuntimeFinal Status: Success
    Version of Item: 10.0.938.2
    Size: 90 Mbytes
    Intel Media ComponentsFinal Status: Success
    Version of Item: 8.15.10.2538
    Size: 60 Mbytes

Other detected devices

Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Device ID 0xaa68
    Vendor ID 0x1002
    Class Code 0x040300
    Revision ID 0x00
    Subsystem ID 0x3979
    Subsystem vendor ID 0x17aa

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Can you post the specs of your laptop? It seems it has amd graphics, not intel graphics. Possibly both but if it has an amd card it will be the better option.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name LENOVO
    System Manufacturer LENOVO
    System Model 4334
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date LENOVO 40CN20WW(V1.07), 22/01/2011
    SMBIOS Version 2.7
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale Ireland
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
    Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 2.74 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1.54 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 5.48 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 3.89 GB
    Page File Space 2.74 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

But this comes up for my display information:

Name Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
    PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68E4&SUBSYS_397917AA&REV_00\4&397D732&0&0008
    Adapter Type Not Available, (Standard display types) compatible
    Adapter Description Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
    Adapter RAM Not Available
    Installed Drivers Not Available
    Driver Version 6.1.7600.16385
    INF File display.inf (vga section)
    Color Planes Not Available
    Color Table Entries Not Available
    Resolution Not Available
    Bits/Pixel Not Available
    Memory Address 0xB0000000-0xBFFFFFFF
    Memory Address 0xC4000000-0xC4FFFFFF
    I/O Port 0x00004000-0x00004FFF
    I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB
    I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF
    Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF
    Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\vgapnp.sys (6.1.7600.16385, 25.50 KB (26,112 bytes), 14/07/2009 00:25)

It used to be HD but now it's the most basic one and the drivers Lenovo supply don't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

• Registered Users Posts: 82,407 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What method did you use to reinstall windows? Lenovo should have a hidden recovery partition that you can access during boot to restore the factory image - drivers and all.

game4it70 wrote: »

Thanks for the help. I've tried both already, the Intel one just comes up as "This computer does not meet the minimum...". I tried the AMD one again today, I uninstalled it then reinstalled it again, it seemed to install but nothing happens. When I go into device manager, there's only the Standard VGA display option and no way to add others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Overheal wrote: »
    What method did you use to reinstall windows? Lenovo should have a hidden recovery partition that you can access during boot to restore the factory image - drivers and all.

I had to download a boot program on another computer and that allowed me to restore my laptop to factory settings, thus wiping all the drivers off it. But yeah, I just checked my C drive and there are drivers on it. There's one called VGA but I don't know what the files are.

• Advertisement

OMG, it worked you guys!!! Thank you so much!! I had almost given up hope as I was 2 months in without success! The driver was in the partition, and you were right as it was AMD graphics. I'm so grateful to you all, thanks guys for taking the time to help me!! Karma ++++ for you all :)

Advertisement