Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodville & Ard na Glug estates Athlone

Options
  • 29-07-2013 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Been trying to buy a house in Moate the last year but we seem to be at the end of our wits with the seller! As there is not muc helse which suits us in terms of size and budget, we are having to cast the net a bit further. We had ruled out Athlone initally because of price but I see some in our size requirement (4 bed) and location (Dublin side of Athlone) in Woodville and Ard na Glug.

I have driven around Woodville once myself and it seems nice but anyone know what type of people live here and what the estate is like?

Ard na Glug I have never heard of before - apparantly it's built behind Cartron Drive (where some of my friends grew up) - where did this estate come from!? Anyway any feedback on what this estate is like? I might drive out that way this evening actually for a nosy..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

Woodville is a great estate. The houses are spacious, with some very spacious ones, and some with great gardens. Residents committee is active. Its a great place for kids as there are plenty of kids around.

Keep an eye out for some re-possessed houses in upcoming auctions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Thanks Tubos, there seems to be different parts of Woodville, I take it they are mainly ok though. A good place with plenty of kids is what we need as we have one son who likes to be outside playing with others and a certain amount of freedom.

Don't talk to me about repossessed houses, we have been trying to buy one of those for the last year and we are nearly close to walking away from it now - unbelieve amount of stress .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭rje66

ard ng glug is ok too. friend lives there and never had issues

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

All the streets in Woodville are fine. If you look the map you will see some have large green areas to the front so you can keep an eye on your kids. I live at the end of one of the roads so there is no passing traffic and nice and quiet. There is no trouble in the estate, its mostly families or young couples who live there. I wouldn't want to move away from here as my kids have a great life !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭camphor

Some of the old estates out on the Ballymahon Road are very good value. Ashley Crescent, Beechpark, Sli an Afirinn and the One Mile/Arcadia.

• Advertisement
Advertisement