Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canaries @ Xmas

Options
  • 29-07-2013 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

So I am heading away this xmas for a week or two to the Canaries, no idea where yet as it still has to be booked. This year I need to bring my board and find a good spot to surf as if I have to lie on a beach again for a day I will go nuts.
    So can someone advise on a good spot that is family friendly, good restaurants, good beach breaks and is not in Lanza?? Preferably Tenerife or Grand Canaria?

Cheers

frAg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Was in Corralejo on Fuerteventura once couple of breaks close to the town and you can rent boards there as well. It's ok for a week but I'd want a bigger town for two weeks.

Check out buying there if you want something better, these days airlines are charging to much to bring a board, if you buy a new one out there you save on half the transport costs do think on it as a discount off the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Was in Corralejo on Fuerteventura once couple of breaks close to the town and you can rent boards there as well. It's ok for a week but I'd want a bigger town for two weeks.

Check out buying there if you want something better, these days airlines are charging to much to bring a board, if you buy a new one out there you save on half the transport costs do think on it as a discount off the board.

Cheers for your reply. I wil be bodyboarding so I hope to pack boats, fins etc and my clothes into my boardbag but will check costs to be in the safe side. Il check out your recommendation when I get home later. Will only be away a week at xmas so not too bad!!

frAg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Corralejo has a point reef break to the south of the village (surferd it) and a break behind the harbour (didn't surf it) and lots of breaks on the north coast. Should be fine on a BB, bring a mask and snorkel, if you go to flag beach you can potter around the lava blocks for a while chasing and harrasing small fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 nickbok

Las Palmas in Gran Canaria is a grand place to pitch up. I stayed in surf camp right on beach, la cicer. Great spot close to everything. Accom was NOT family friendly but I'm sure you could find somewhere that was. Rental here too if ya wanna leave board at home.

Advertisement