Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watamote - Opinions?

Options
  • 29-07-2013 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Watching the new series WataMote, absolutely loving it, and already my fave anime off the summer season already.

Had me hooked iin the first 4 minutes, the way you have a comedy arc for 3 minutes, then an unexpected heavy metal, yet catchy intro. Those 4 minutes guaranteed a full season watch from me alone.

What do you guys think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I like it, not my favourite of the season but still watching it the day it comes out. Gotta say I can identify a bit when she starts to over analyze situations and act even though nobody really minds.

Opening is very random compared to the rest of the series but I love it, the female singer is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Yeah I agree, the singer has a great voice. Looking forward to who it actually is on the 28/9/13 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Xinkai wrote: »
    Yeah I agree, the singer has a great voice. Looking forward to who it actually is on the 28/9/13 :P

You mean the identity of the singer...? She's named in the opening credits of every episode. Konomi Suzuki is her name I believe with a band called 'Kiba of Akiba' also being credited.

Not sure if you mean something else though!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Lets Make Tea

Tomoko's voice actor does a fantastic job at her role. I've only heard her before as Cordelia from Milky Holmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

Episode 8 is was the cringiest episode so far, I had to restrain myself from pausing the player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

I thought it was awful just like the manga, and the OP is head wrecking. WHERES MY NICE SUGARY J-POP JAPAN?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's cringy alright but I can't stop watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Yeah I gotta admit I wasn't too happy with EP8, it wasn't "BAD" it was just... depressing to watch, to see Tomoko get exposed so blatantly... I felt sad more than anything watching it.

I dunno, I think EP8 did to us what it set out to do, it wasn't made to be a comedy episode, it was an episode which told a tragedy story, to make the viewers want to look down on Tomoko... But that's just me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Xinkai wrote: »
    Yeah I gotta admit I wasn't too happy with EP8, it wasn't "BAD" it was just... depressing to watch, to see Tomoko get exposed so blatantly... I felt sad more than anything watching it.

I dunno, I think EP8 did to us what it set out to do, it wasn't made to be a comedy episode, it was an episode which told a tragedy story, to make the viewers want to look down on Tomoko... But that's just me.

I think that's what the show has set out to be on the start. TBH I haven't read the manga nor do I want spoilers, but I was expecting
    an unsung hero to swoop her and change her, but it hasn't materialized, and with every growing episode it just feels darker and darker
    . I feel sorry for her in almost every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I knew I heard about this somewhere! Every night I leave NHK World on in the background and one of their shows had an episode on this (clips/some talking by the director and animators etc). Sounds like it's alright.

Here's a link to their site: NHK World - imagine-nation. Scroll to August 6th.

• Advertisement
Advertisement