Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Vetting Query

• 29-07-2013 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi,

I have to questons.

1. I am applying for a course that requires garda vetting.I have been to court twice in my life. One about 3 years ago and another sometime early this year. The most recent one I got a fine of 100 euro for drunken disorderly. I never paid the fine so there is a warrant out for my arrest for last three months. Will I fail garda vetting because of this?

2. I dont know exact dates of my court appearences. I went to a garda station earlier today and he said he cant give out that information. He said for me to refresh my memory..... How the hell am i to fill out the form if I cant get confirmation of court dates?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

1. Yes, Garda vetting brings up prosecutions and convictions. This doesn't mean you won't still get the job, of course.

2. Are you in Dublin?

If you are in Dublin, go to Áras Uí Dhálaigh on Inns Quay, they will be able to help you pay the fine and advise you about the warrant. Don't ignore this!

Out of interest, were you informed about the bench warrant by a Garda prior to today?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭yomamma

1. Yes, Garda vetting brings up prosecutions and convictions. This doesn't mean you won't still get the job, of course.

2. Are you in Dublin?

If you are in Dublin, go to Áras Uí Dhálaigh on Inns Quay, they will be able to help you pay the fine and advise you about the warrant. Don't ignore this!

Out of interest, were you informed about the bench warrant by a Garda prior to today?

Hi,

Thanks for reply

Yes I am in Dublin and received a letter about warrant. I am refusing to pay the warrant as I did not deserve it.

Anyway in relation to question 2 How do I find out my previous court dates? One was this year but other one was about 3 years back.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

yomamma wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am refusing to pay the warrant as I did not deserve it.

Thanks

Surely there are more sensible ways of registering your displeasure? 'I don't deserve it' could be the theme song in any court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

yomamma wrote: »
    Anyway in relation to question 2 How do I find out my previous court dates? One was this year but other one was about 3 years back.
    The folks in Áras Uí Dhálaigh will be able to help you with that info.

Could have been worse, you might have been arrested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Is Garda vetting ROI only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Greenman wrote: »
    Is Garda vetting ROI only?

They ask for all previous addresses, including those abroad, presumably they check with foreign agencies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

blubloblu wrote: »
    They ask for all previous addresses, including those abroad, presumably they check with foreign agencies.

Thanks for that. Lets say you said you were never abroad how would they know?

I say that as I live in Belgium and if I need a police report I go to my local town hall and within 30 seconds I have a print out of my civil file for 50 cents which is valid for a future employer.

Just a view from the outside.

Advertisement