Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting Agency

Options
  • 29-07-2013 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys! Sorry if there is already a thread about this, but I haven't come across one. I'm looking to rent in Waterford city but I have no idea which agency to go with. Really just looking for one that will leave us live in peace without ridiculous spot checks etc. We're not students, all of us working. We have been looking at a few houses online that are with Ennis Gouh? So I was just wondering what everyone's experiences were with letting agents in Waterford. Thanks a million :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

Personally ive had mixed results..
    Id rather do the daft.ie thing or local papers and meet the landlord..

Recently a friend in a top floor apartment was left high and dry for almost 2 weeks by his letting agents..
    The apartment below was having a kitchen fitted, they hit a water pipe which tripped out electricity.

He was left for 2 weeks without water or electricity, his fridge obviously didnt keep the food he had only gotten in a few days before..
    Couldnt wash himself or his clothing unless he came to visit (which he did)..

But there are plenty of great letting agents out there im sure, so forgive me for tarring them all with the same brush, but they just want to get paid.. as do a landlord, but Ive found landlords to be more forgiving.

rentals can be found in the munster express (local paper) and daft.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Raspberry Muffins

Oh god that's terrible! I've been searching on daft.ie and rent.ie the last few days but they all seem to be letting agents. I got the Munster Express today to see if there was anything there but no joy :(

I'd much rather just go with a landlord without the letting agency but they're so hard to come across (or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Seriously why was he not in the letting agencies the next day and refuse to leave till a plumber is called? Thats one of the stupidest things i have ever heard in my life.

He literally sat in an apartment for 2 weeks with no electricity, water or food!

Theres something more to that story.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

Media999 wrote: »
    Seriously why was he not in the letting agencies the next day and refuse to leave till a plumber is called? Thats one of the stupidest things i have ever heard in my life.

He literally sat in an apartment for 2 weeks with no electricity, water or food!

Theres something more to that story.

he obviously went into them..
    they just wouldnt entertain what he had to say, he was also in touch with the prtb and citizens advice.

try www.property.ie
    www.myhome.ie
    www.let.ie

Or with a bit of luck theres someone here on the board that has a house that needs filled?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭joni1

I've only ever had bad experiences with letting agencies in Waterford . It's so much better when you're dealing one-on-one with a landlord. My advice is to stick at it with the local papers - the Munster comes out on Wednesday morning so the one you got today was last week's paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Raspberry Muffins

Thanks a million! Didn't realize that was last weeks paper, I'll run in Wednesday and get this weeks one. Hopefully we will find something soon. Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

In one thread someone is looking to rent and another someone is looking to let.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭joni1

No worries, best of luck with it

Advertisement