Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in PayPal

Options
  • 29-07-2013 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All,

I'm starting work with Paypal in a couple of weeks and I'm looking for some info.
    I haven't been given any indication of what my shifts will be and I was hoping someone could help.

I will be on the limitations team?

Also any info on the shuttle bus at all :-)
    Much appreciated xx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

PayPal hiring a few token Irish people are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 single mummy

Quite a few actually, any one with experience has a fair chance... big hype made out of the language criteria to be honest. They do need to fill some language roles, no different to any other international company to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Oh FFS you little irelander! PayPal would employ Irish people if they met the criteria required. It is not PayPals fault many of us Irish people didnt bother their arses when being provided with 5 or 6 years free French/German/Spanish language classes!!

Lose the chip on the shoulder! Jobs are now a premium as they were up until in and around 1994/95, the job market is at its most competative it has been ever and if the fins or the French are better equipped so be it. They are after all likely to spend their salaries in the region. Non call centre jobs can go to anybody if they are qualified and im sure plenty are Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Oh FFS you little irelander! PayPal would employ Irish people if they met the criteria required. It is not PayPals fault many of us Irish people didnt bother their arses when being provided with 5 or 6 years free French/German/Spanish language classes!!

Lose the chip on the shoulder! Jobs are now a premium as they were up until in and around 1994/95, the job market is at its most competative it has been ever and if the fins or the French are better equipped so be it. They are after all likely to spend their salaries in the region. Non call centre jobs can go to anybody if they are qualified and im sure plenty are Irish.

Little Irelander? Thanks for the racist reply. I am working for and have worked for some of the biggest companies on the planet. None of whom employed a large majority of non nationals as PayPal and their sister companies are doing.

Don't let facts get in the way of bias. Believe what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Little Irelander? Thanks for the racist reply. I am working for and have worked for some of the biggest companies on the planet. None of whom employed a large majority of non nationals as PayPal and their sister companies are doing.

Don't let facts get in the way of bias. Believe what you want.

If PayPal require languages and locals can't meet that criteria, what do you propose they do?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the racist reply.

Ott, Ironic even! But maybe racism begets racism?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Any more off topic posts will result in infractions and bans if necessary. None of the replies have been helpful for the OP in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Perhaps you should call your boss/whoever interviewed you/whoever sent you your job offer?
    I'd say one or other of those people would have a better chance of knowing what your shifts will be.
    Hi All,

I'm starting work with Paypal in a couple of weeks and I'm looking for some info.
    I haven't been given any indication of what my shifts will be and I was hoping someone could help.

Much appreciated xx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

Hi All,

Much appreciated xx

Worked there for about 8 months back in 2007... I initially started working there in the mornings as I needed to go to college in the evening to do my masters. When I accepted the job, they agreed the early shift with me so I could leave at a good time to get to college. My first week in the company, however, they changed it to a later shift. Ended up having quite a few heated debates with the supervisor to get it changed. Eventually, at the end of the second week of training, they agreed to move me to the earlier agreed-upon shift. Worked like that for about 7 months and then they decided to change my shift again. I left; wasn't worth it, to be honest.

Caonima wrote: »
    Worked there for about 8 months back in 2007..

Really?
    PayPal hasn't been in Dundalk that long.
    Something fishy in your story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

If you're in the limitations department, all you need to know is the phrase "security reasons"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Really?
    PayPal hasn't been in Dundalk that long.
    Something fishy in your story.

No but they have existed in Blanchardstown since 2006'ish

MugMugs wrote: »
    No but they have existed in Blanchardstown since 2006'ish

Last time I looked, Blanchardstown wasn't in Louth. Let me know if they've moved it, will ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

Last time I looked, Blanchardstown wasn't in Louth. Let me know if they've moved it, will ya?

He never said he worked in louth, he said he worked in Paypal. Smartass.

Prodgey wrote: »
    He never said he worked in louth, he said he worked in Paypal. Smartass.

This is the Louth forum. The OP asked about working in Paypal in Dundalk. The person I was replying to said they worked in Paypal in 2007. I merely pointed out that they could not have done so in Louth, so therefore their post is irrelevant.

Don't call me a smartass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

This is the Louth forum. The OP asked about working in Paypal in Dundalk. The person I was replying to said they worked in Paypal in 2007. I merely pointed out that they could not have done so in Louth, so therefore their post is irrelevant.

It is relevant. The poster worked for the same company albeit not in Louth and was sharing their experience.

Kaley-Cuoco-Hit-Sheldon-With-Pillow.gif

Well, if you're all so determined to discuss Caomina's career in Paypal, to be honest it sounds to me like the problem was Caomina, not the employer!

Oh lighten up a bit! You really do like to argue on technicalities or semantics. You are totally correct about the job not being in Dundalk, whether that makes the post irrelevant is open for debate. It all depends much more on whether the post in question is/can be taken at face value or not...thats a message board for ye

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Oh lighten up a bit! You really do like to argue on technicalities or semantics. You are totally correct about the job not being in Dundalk, whether that makes the post irrelevant is open for debate. It all depends much more on whether the post in question is/can be taken at face value or not...thats a message board for ye

Sorry, but...
    hadn't I already conceded on the 'discussing it here' thing? :D

• Advertisement

Sorry, but...
    hadn't I already conceded on the 'discussing it here' thing? :D

I dunno I just wanted to use the big bang theory gif! :P

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Thread gone way off topic. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement