Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gloucester diamond?

Options
  • 29-07-2013 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭

does anyone on here have family who lived around the gloucester diamond area back in the 1960's?
    my uncle is trying to trace a newspaper article from 1960,he played in a 7 a side football tournament and his team won it,they were known as "the magnificent 7" and there was an article in the evening press the following day.
    he is trying to get the exact date to see if he can trace the article.
    any help would be much appreciated..

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are a few groups on Facebook where there will certainly be someone who knows.
    Try these:
    Dublin Down Memory Lane
    Living in Dublin's North Inner City
    Dublin Monto's memories

• Registered Users Posts: 7 redjim

magnificent 7 were from Greek St flats St Michans House back of the Bridewell Garda Station . what was your Uncles name I knew them all ,I had newspaper cuttings but I gave them away will ask if he still has them ,only came across this article today while browsing for the Magnificent 7 it was to settle an argument who was the better team the 7 or the hunters

Advertisement