Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sensor for security lighting.

Options
  • 29-07-2013 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all, I live next door to a neighbour who has mental health issues. He has broken my windows with rocks and slashed tyres on my car etc,he hasn't done anything crazy in a couple of years but a couple of days ago he was seen at my van messing with the wheels so he's back to his old tricks, .i havecctv and alarm and security lighting but my problem is is that my sensor lights don't come on until your about 3metres or so from my front door, I'm looking for something that can activate my lights when someone enters from my front wall. I've no gate but have a small wall either side as you enter my driveway, is there any beam type sensors that if walked through could be used to activate lights,i am an electrician so would be able to install once I had the right product. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I find these very good.
    They have a range of around 30m. They are low voltage so you would need to connect them via a relay to switch mains lighting.

I'm going to move this to electrical. The lads there may be more help.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 flantastic

Gsm options,what roughly would be the price of a gsm communicator for hkc 1070' I've got different prices from 300+for gsm p and lesser for gsm q which I don't know the difference, any help appreciated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I have found these wireless PIRs fantastic. A 60m range to the light that you want to activate is not a problem (they have a built in receiver). Another advantage is that you do not have to wire to the PIR and you can move it easily.

Advertisement