Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill and Security Deposit

Options
  • 29-07-2013 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just received a bill today, for 140€...But a few weeks back I paid a security deposit of 300€, with the understanding that that 300€ would be held in credit against the upcoming bills, thus leaving my account in credit of 160€

Any feedback would be greatly appreicated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Hey,

Just received a bill today, for 140€...But a few weeks back I paid a security deposit of 300€, with the understanding that that 300€ would be held in credit against the upcoming bills, thus leaving my account in credit of 160€

Any feedback would be greatly appreicated
     I doubt that's the case. You pay the security deposit and then pay all bills as normal. I don't think you get the deposit back until you've something like 6 bills paid on time or something like hat

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

bassey wrote: »
    I doubt that's the case. You pay the security deposit and then pay all bills as normal. I don't think you get the deposit back until you've something like 6 bills paid on time or something like hat
    Thats correct.

You can avoid the security deposit by paying via direct debit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi A_Sober_Paddy,

As bassey and finnteme have pointed out (thanks guys), once a security deposit is paid it is held for 14 months/6 clear bills, after which time it is returned in the form of account credit (it is also returned when a customer closes his/her account, so whichever comes first). When an account is in credit, the customer can either leave the credit as is, to offset future bills, or request a cheque refund.

Customers who opt to pay by direct debit are not required to pay a security deposit at all, so this may also be an option for you. Many customers find that this takes the hassle out of paying their electricity or gas bills, and it also means eligibility for our most competitive priceplans. See here for more information.

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
    David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Hi A_Sober_Paddy,

As bassey and finnteme have pointed out (thanks guys), once a security deposit is paid it is held for 14 months/6 clear bills, after which time it is returned in the form of account credit (it is also returned when a customer closes his/her account, so whichever comes first). When an account is in credit, the customer can either leave the credit as is, to offset future bills, or request a cheque refund.

Customers who opt to pay by direct debit are not required to pay a security deposit at all, so this may also be an option for you. Many customers find that this takes the hassle out of paying their electricity or gas bills, and it also means eligibility for our most competitive priceplans. See here for more information.

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
    David

Is it possibly to set up a DD now and once its set up retrieve the security deposit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Is it possibly to set up a DD now and once its set up retrieve the security deposit

Absolutely. When you set up a direct debit (you can do so online here) the security deposit is automatically credited back to you account, or if it hasn't already been paid, it's then reversed. After that, all you need to do is request a refund, or leave the credit on the account if you'd prefer to do that.

If you PM us your account details we can look after this for you.

Regards,
    David

• Advertisement
Advertisement