Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

A rock Doc about Big Star has hit the big screen in the USA hopefully it will come here as well. It looks good.

Keeping an eye out for this.ðŸ˜႒There's a soundtrack released on vinyl for "Record Store Day" that could probably got on eBay for silly money but I think it's due out on general release cd soon. Can't see it been on general release so art house cinemas or film clubs will be more likely.

• Site Banned Posts: 175 ✭✭jimjimjimmy

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I just watched this documentary(came across it on Youtube) and subsequently listened to #1 Record. I had never heard of them before but wow! How famous/infamous is this band or have I just been living under a rock? Such an amazing album and still so good some 40+ years later!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I just watched this documentary(came across it on Youtube) and subsequently listened to #1 Record. I had never heard of them before but wow! How famous/infamous is this band or have I just been living under a rock? Such an amazing album and still so good some 40+ years later!

Critically acclaimed,commercially unsuccessful. Really poor distribution when their albums were originally released. But through word of mouth and because other artists have talked them up over the years, and bands have name checked them as influences their stock has risen and they've had some retrospective success. Also check out guitarist Chris Bell's solo album I Am The Cosmos. Thre is also a Big Star boxset Keep An Eye On The Sky which is worth getting. Enjoy, better late than never. So much stuff I've missed out on over the years.

Advertisement