Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 7 (2013)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

I got the email from Game as well and my bank has been charged so it's definitely going ahead today,
    still think it will be Friday by the time it gets to the Parcel motel site in Galway,
    it could even be Monday but i really want it by the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭niallharty

I got the email from Game as well and my bank has been charged so it's definitely going ahead today,
    still think it will be Friday by the time it gets to the Parcel motel site in Galway,
    it could even be Monday but i really want it by the weekend.

Nightline courier service works 7 days a week so I'd hope it would come in to Parcel Motel by Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Got an e-mail just there ....
    Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to contact Tesco Direct.

I would like to provide you with an update regarding your Tesco Direct order. Having investigated this a bit further we have been informed that there would be at least a 24 hour delay to allow for the parcel to travel to Northern Ireland.

I am very sorry and allow me to reassure you that your order is expected to be delivered on the 29th or 30th of August.

I hope this helps and if you have any further queries then do not hesitate to contact me.Kind regards

Nikki Curran
    Tesco Direct Customer Service

So looks like ParcelMotel won't have this until Friday so we won't see it until Friday at the earliest, really hope I have it by the weekend :( Where is the crying smiley when you need him :mad:

niallharty wrote: »
    Nightline courier service works 7 days a week so I'd hope it would come in to Parcel Motel by Saturday

I was thinking of the processing part of things.
    six days a week, Parcel motel are closed on Sunday,
    There opening hours are :-
    8am to 7pm Mon to Fri and 8am to 2:30pm Saturday. Closed Sundays and Bank Holidays.

but you are right, i was forgetting about the weekend so i'd say Saturday by the latest.

Arciphel wrote: »
    Amazon.co.uk have the 32GB model available now for pre-order with dispatch tomorrow, price is 239 Sterling, converted that is €279.

Amazon's conversion is not the best, i just put that order through to see and they wanted to charge me €291,
    that's using Amazon's currency converter, it might be a little cheaper using your banks own rate and pay in GBP but you never know until your finished paying and then check with your on line banking,
    It might work out better but i like to know what i'm paying before i buy something.

Amazon's conversion is not the best, i just put that order through to see and they wanted to charge me €291,
    that's using Amazon's currency converter, it might be a little cheaper using your banks own rate and pay in GBP but you never know until your finished paying and then check with your on line banking,
    It might work out better but i like to know what i'm paying before i buy something.

That's Irish VAT. Use Parcel Motel to avoid the VAT change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tomtom101

That's from tesco yea?? Any word if game will be delivering to Northern Ireland any faster?
    Fluffy88 wrote: »
    Got an e-mail just there ....

So looks like ParcelMotel won't have this until Friday so we won't see it until Friday at the earliest, really hope I have it by the weekend :( Where is the crying smiley when you need him :mad:

That's Irish VAT. Use Parcel Motel to avoid the VAT change.

That was using Parcel motel, you'd be mad not to use them with the bigger priced item's
    it's just Amazon's crazy euro conversion rate.

tomtom101 wrote: »
    That's from tesco yea?? Any word if game will be delivering to Northern Ireland any faster?

That is Tesco, yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Just got an email from game, nexus has been shipped, woohoo!

Me to, order shipped, yay!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Cathy Makes Cards

Me too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭niallharty

Same here now I'm just waiting for a parcel motel message

That was using Parcel motel, you'd be mad not to use them with the bigger priced item's
    it's just Amazon's crazy euro conversion rate.

I don't understand, if you're using Parcel Motel you're paying in Sterling? If you're paying Euro, Amazon will adjust for Irish VAT, they don't have a crazy conversion rate.

Huh, I never knew that. I must have turned it off over 5 years ago!

This is basically what i meant to say but i didn't explain myself very well,
    sorry for any misunderstanding.

• Advertisement

No you explained it well, I'm not just not fully awake. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

For anyone that has ordered through PCWorld, I've confirmed with them that they are dispatching tomorrow for delivery by DPD on Tursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

So if I swan into my local PC World tomorrow morning I should be able to pick one up, yes? :cool:

So if I swan into my local PC World tomorrow morning I should be able to pick one up, yes? :cool:
    Not too sure as it states on the website that the launch is the 29th... Give it a bash and let us know how you get on ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Here's hoping that PCWorld sell it 1 day earlier than they are advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tomtom101

I didn't anyway - bit annoying!! fingers crossed it arrives to parcel motel in the morning, and then in my local parcel motel locker on Thursday at some stage!! Realistic??

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

For anyone that has ordered through PCWorld, I've confirmed with them that they are dispatching tomorrow for delivery by DPD on Tursday.

Oh thats good news!

No work for me Thursday!

I think it was a few days after they were send out that you could pick em up in store... and then it didn't take long before they ran out!

Lads when all these NEXII arrive in the post I hope you will all continue posting your impressions, tips etc! :)

Lads when all these NEXII arrive in the post I hope you will all continue posting your impressions, tips etc! :)

I'm hoping this too, in fact, how are the folk that got NA launch ones getting on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Same here, got tracking number, will pop into PM on the way home and have nice evening teasing the family with my new toy.

Please link to any apps I should download to get it up and running!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Did anyone who ordered from Tesco get a dispatch email?

cgc5483 wrote: »
    Did anyone who ordered from Tesco get a dispatch email?

No not yet, and my account is still showing To Be Dispatched.
    But the feeling is that Tesco won't send a dispatch e-mail as it's a third party that is sending out the devices so you might get the dispatch e-mail a few days after it's actually sent.

Apparently people on the HUKD thread have started receiving theirs already so hopefully they will show up in ParcelMotel today :-) If not, they might be delayed by a day getting across the Irish sea.

Pc world has not updated it's shipping info yet. Hope they are sending out today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

god's toy wrote: »
    Pc world has not updated it's shipping info yet. Hope they are sending out today.
    yeah I just seen on their website that it says "order today", the "pre-order" is gone. I,m hopeful that it will be delivered tomorrow:)

I'm going to head over the PC World in Blanch and have a look.

Just picked up the 16GB version from Fonthill PC World :)

I'm going to head over the PC World in Blanch and have a look.
    let us know how you get on, hopefully you will have one in your hands in a few hours:)

had they got the 32 gb in stock as well?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I've given up on the LTE. For those of you who ordered from tesco, how did you include your PMID in the delivery address? It only allows me add the parcel motel post code and then choose an address from the dropdown, but I can't modify this to include the PMID.

Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Butsymarc

Did everyone who ordered with Game get a tracking number? Got a dispatch email but no tracking number yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Cathy Makes Cards

Butsymarc wrote: »
    Did everyone who ordered with Game get a tracking number? Got a dispatch email but no tracking number yet?

Not me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭cgc5483

dregin wrote: »
    I've given up on the LTE. For those of you who ordered from tesco, how did you include your PMID in the delivery address? It only allows me add the parcel motel post code and then choose an address from the dropdown, but I can't modify this to include the PMID.

Thanks in advance!

Yeah I got the PMID after my name. I think it was after I added my address from the dropdown (that didn't have my PMID). I know it took a bit of fidlling around to get it added, sorry can't remember exactly how did it.

had they got the 32 gb in stock as well?
    Not sure, he asked me which version though so I'd assume both, but I'd suggest ringing first.
    How much?
    €250, a little more than if I had pre-ordered, but it's easier to return if something goes drastically wrong.

Just picked up 32gb model for €299. Lots in stock, I had no pre-order. Ask for Juan, he knows where they are and is super sound too so give him some commission on them :-) PC World Blanch.

Hope it was the v2!

If so it's out lads, go nuts! Me, I can wait one more day... Just about!

dregin wrote: »

Thanks in advance!

I think how I had to do it was add my delivery address and name to my Tesco account and then when at the checkout you can click Edit for your name and change it there.

I put my full name in first name, then PMID in surname.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭j_lennon18

I just got mine 1min ago in PC World Jervis. The guy said he had about 20 of each 16GB and 32GB.

Advertisement