Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catering food supplies to general public?

Options
  • 29-07-2013 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I could source catering trays of food such as lasagna, chickens curry, etc?

Would ideally be looking for a tray or 2 of lasagna that is premade/precooked so all I have to do is put tray in oven to reheat or finish cooking.

Would be looking to feed about 30 people.

Does anyone know where I could look online for places in Wex town area, so as I could see their product offerings and prices?

I taught Scallans Food Factory would do it but it looks like they don't.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I'd have a word with a place like La Cuisine on the Main St. Anywhere that does it's own cooking for lunch etc would be happy to talk to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭smokey20

Yea good thinking Oldyouth... I guess they would have no problem selling in bulk for off site consumption.

Will give them or some where like Westgate a call tomorrow and see if they don't pull my pants down.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

If you have access to vat number try the cash and carries, you might not even need one these days

Yes another good idea.. The question there is whether a cash and carry lasagna would be any good taste wise, but sure I'll give them a bell anyway.

Cheers

Another one to try would be The Star on South Main St. They're linked to Doyle's Butchers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Westgate design do outdoor catering, see here...

http://www.westgatedesign.ie/?page_id=41

thanks men (or ladies)...

That Westgate link was helpful if not a little over budget... €55 tray of lasagna to feed 10 - surely make it (which im trying to avoid) or source elsehwhere for cheaper please god..... although Westgate does make a mean lasagna.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

windmill pub in tacumshane were doing pre cooked meals up to recently and they used to do an absaloutly great lasagne ,should try them

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

business that carter for food in Co Wexford
    http://www.redbook.ie/results.php?subCat=122&coCode=31

• Advertisement

Scallan have 1kg of Carroll's lasagne for €4 this weekend. Have a look at their Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

oldyouth wrote: »
    Scallan have 1kg of Carroll's lasagne for €4 this weekend. Have a look at their Facebook page

That's my nuclear bunker sorted. Lasagne and Iodine Pills.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

Try Queene of Tarts in the Bullring on Fridays and Saturdays. She does a great chili so I would imagine her lasagne would be top notch! Also Meylers in Tacumshane. As far as I know they do pre cooked meals. Another good one is Jimmys Kitchen. Hes part of the Wexford Food Family.

Advertisement