Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divisional Round Results and Match Reports

Options
  • 29-07-2013 9:35pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Please post match reports below

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

The Packers shock the Seahawks and their own coach and leave Seattle with the win.

Packers win the toss and elect to defer.

Packers force a 3 and out on the Seahawks first possession but cough up a fumble on a muffed fair catch attempt. The Seahawks duly take advantage and get a field goal.
    Packers then level it up and the teams trade possession and scoring for quarter 2 with both teams turning it over before half time.

Vince Young connects on a couple of long bombs to Finley, one down the middle on a 3rd down that went for 40+ yards and another which resulted in a precision lob into the corner of the end zone for a TD to give the Packers an 11 point lead.

Packers concede a TD and 2 point conversion to make it a 3 point game but respond with a field goal. Possession changes hands a couple more times and the Packers are faced with an a difficult decision.
    6 point lead and around 4-5 minutes left on the clock and not a lot of faith in the defence...... Packers stay aggresive and try to win the game.

Vince Young threads the needle on a slant route over the middle to Jennings (back in the game in the 4th quarter after picking up an injury in the 1st) who gets away from the defence and takes it 60+ yards for the TD.

Seahawks down by 13 with less than 3 minutes remaining and score a TD to make it a 6 point game with less than a minute remaining....

Onside kick attempt by the Seahawks. About 37.8 Packers stumble and fall on the ball but despite this the Seahawks come up with it and have enough time to have plenty of shots at the end zone.

A nerve wracking end combined with some precision timekeeping allows the Seahawks one last throw with 0:01 on the clock.... Flacco puts it up but it's too long and the Packers escape Seattle with the victory.

Coach Jim Moonbeam spoke of his admiration for Vince Young after the game citing his past criticism of the player as reporters trying to stir up controversy and that at no time did he suggest publicly that Vince Young could be used as a tackling dummy for his defence........

Sorry guys the timeline of scoring, turnovers and possessions is a bit of a blur to me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Great win that, especially without Rodgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

adrian522 wrote: »
    Great win that, especially without Rodgers.

Yeah, I know I slag him all the time because of being stuck with him on the Chiefs on Madden 12 but Vince Young was pretty good.

Seahawks secondary is very tough. Awful lot of short and mid range crossing routes were required mixed in with sending the odd deep hot route. Game plan would have been very similar even if I had Rodgers though.

Still a bit surprised I actually won though, was expecting to get hammered by the Seahawks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Jets 31 Bronco's 17 .

The Jets were able to get ahead in this game and hold onto it. Rushing was the key, The Jets 3 running backs combined for 179 yards and broke many tackles the bonus of being fresh.

Demaryius Thomas was a monster for Manning with 5 receptions and 2 TD's.

The Jets D had 6 sack's and 3 INT's.

The Bronco's D although on paper may not have had a stellar game, but if im honest i found it very hard to pass at times, Von Miller scares me. By the fourth quarter the bronco's D was exhausted and it allowed the Jets to play out the last 5 minutes 14 points up.

Hard Luck Perrin, Good game !

Now I await either the Colts or the Jags,

Good luck boys !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Giants secure first playoff win in three seasons, and advance to the NFC Championship.

Giants defer the kick off. Giants D-Line get straight into disrupting the Lions passing by forcing hurried throws. After making a string defensive stand the Giants offence takes the field. Rookie QB Hardin connecting well with both rookie WR. While the veteran TEs made some crucial catches to keep the drive alive. HB Akeen Robinson running it in for the TD.

Giants D back on the field doing what they do best. Using a combination of 3 DEs to hurry Romo, with the secondary leaving no seperation. Forcing another punt. Giants march up the field alternating between passing and rushing with Robinson running to the outside on the goal line to give the Giants a 14 - 0 after the first quarter. Lions do well moving the ball down the field and kick for 3 with 40 secs left in the quarter. Giants march to the half way line with 20 secs left. Then connecting on a deep throw to Clay to end the half 21 - 3.

Giants receive to start the third. Giants rushing attack draining the clock but being forced to punt. Lions slowly gain passing momentum a few potential picks leaving me fuming. Romo connects with Megatron to narrow the gap to 11. Giants recieve the ball back at the start of the fourth. Raking up first downs with rushing plays to kill the clock. With Bradshaw rushing in for the TD leaving it 28 - 10. With 4min to go. Giants switch into a prevent defence. Happy to give up small yards to keep the clock ticking. Romo connects with Williams to reduce the lead to 11 again.

With 50 secs to go the onside kick is recovered by the Giants allowing them to kneel it out. 28 - 10.

Hardin had a great game near perfect passer rating of 132.8 for 233 yards and 1 TD. Robinson rushing for 93 and 2 TDs. Kenny Phillips had one int that would have left the lions inside my 20. Mathias kiwanuka with one FF.

Lions defence didn't make the crucial stops the offence needed. Although Romos passion was dodgy at times. He rushed for 75 yards. :eek:

Thanks for the game Adrian. Madden gods were unfair to you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Very well done, best of luck in the championship game.

nothing went right for me, but in fairness I didn't play very well and didn't make good decisions. The loss of my rookie running back was a big setback prior to this game.

Madden seemed to have it in for me, late hit penalty, fumble on the kickoff return, complete broken coverages on defense, once i felt the safety should have picked it but he just left it float over his head and the receiver had a huge gain, another time in cover 3 there seemed to be no deep players at all as the TE went i for a Td with noone near him, losing delmas to injury, Romo and his throwing nowhere near the reciever on at least 2 or 3 occasions.

I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Giants TE's both seemed to catch everything even when double covered, as I took more players to cover the TE's I knew I was vulerable to the run, but the main problem was on offense as I couldn't get motoring at all.

The end for me came just after half time, Think I was 11 down, and on your first possesion I forced a stop but then fumbled the punt and the resulting TD pretty much finished the game.

Hope you weren't able to hear my ranting down the mic :)

Well played and best of luck next time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Colts 52-63 Jaguars.

As mental as it looks.

Colts came out and had a terrible start, a Luck fumble and 2 picks were all punished by TD's, MJD wreaked havoc and racked up 221 yards and 4 TD's by the 3rd Q, when Tebow and MJD came out of the game. After the 1st Q it was score for score, but backup QB Matt Leinart stank the place up and threw 3 picks which put the Jags under a bit of pressure at the end. Luck had 4 picks and 2 fumbles which were huge in turning the game in the Jags favour.

Good game Rock, see you in M25.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Colts 52-63 Jaguars.

As mental as it looks.

Colts came out and had a terrible start, a Luck fumble and 2 picks were all punished by TD's, MJD wreaked havoc and racked up 221 yards and 4 TD's by the 3rd Q, when Tebow and MJD came out of the game. After the 1st Q it was score for score, but backup QB Matt Leinart stank the place up and threw 3 picks which put the Jags under a bit of pressure at the end. Luck had 4 picks and 2 fumbles which were huge in turning the game in the Jags favour.

Good game Rock, see you in M25.

Yeah the Luck fumbles were very disappointing especially as there was nobody on him at the time but thats the way it goes, my defence is killing me, i've been quite good against the pass but ive no clue how to stop the run, and i'll have to figure that out (unlikely) before the new game as i'll have the same problem in that to.

Even though i lost, i'm delighted with racking up over 50 points against you, my passing has been my main strength this season, well it had to be as my run game is muck.

see ye in madden 25

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

jesus sounds like some game!

Advertisement