Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford to Kilkenny Line -- Flooding

Options
  • 29-07-2013 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Does this line ever get flooded in heavy thundery downpours, enough to stop the trains running.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,696 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Does this line ever get flooded in heavy thundery downpours, enough to stop the trains running.

No, only a very high tide would flood the station in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

was flooded last year and enough to close the station for a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 10,696 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

was flooded last year and enough to close the station for a few hours

Storm like weather and wind direction will only cause flooding in Waterford by the tide but thunderstorms wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Hope it doesn't flood soon due to all KK crying their eyes out that they lost on Sunday :)

Sorry couldn't resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

STIG83 wrote: »
    Hope it doesn't flood soon due to all KK crying their eyes out that they lost on Sunday :)

Sorry couldn't resist.

they got further than we did didnt they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

remember what happened the last time-true story!

http://cf.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/ERYo9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I was stuck on the train when it flooded, I was around 2001, it was the night of the WIT graduations, a few students were stuck on the train too and missed it.

The water was up to the windows, a major fear of mine! Thank goodness you could still smoke on the train, I think I polished off all the cigs I had.

Advertisement