Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burned at beauticians

Options
  • 29-07-2013 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I am looking for advice. A few days ago I got a facial in a beauticians I usually attend monthly for past few months. After several minutes lying on the bed, I was scalded by boiling water which suddenly squirted out of the steaming machine of its own accord. Thank God it wasn't my face. The beautican quickly kicked it an the water went down one side of the bed and went through the towels. My arm was red and burning and to be honest I found it hard to relax and enjoy the rest of the facial. She put burn spray and cold flannel on my hand.

On leaving, I was told that I would be given ten per cent off the 70 euro facial andd was asked if I was ok? I explained that It was much better and not burning as much now!!but didnt want to make a scene in front of other customers. I am very :mad: shocked that I was even charged for this and am regretting not saying anything now or asking to speak to a manager. My arm is still a little red but has recovered after a few days. I have recommended all my friends to go there and am disappointed with the way I was treated! i don't want to get the beautician in trouble with a manager but I didn't really enjoy the facial clutching one arm with a wet cloth! The beautician is usually very good.

What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

wash your face at home in future. use luke warm water. spend the 70 euro on something else

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Questions81

Im beginning to wish I did spend it on something else!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

If your unhappy with the service call up and speak to the manager. Sounds like there might be something wrong with the steamer. what brand of facial was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Legally you wouldn't be entitled to a free facial because you stayed for the whole thing after the incident. You could make a claim against them but from the sounds of it you weren't that badly hurt and it sounds like there will be no scaring so you probably wouldn't get very far. Up to you tho, only you have the specific details.

As a matter of policy most places would sub the treatment if something like that happened so that there are no hard feelings with the customer, meaning they are more likely to return and less likely to sue.

It's possible that the person doing the treatment didn't offer this to you because they would have to get a manager to ok it and that might get them in trouble. It would be a bit daft for her to get in trouble because of an equipment failure tho.

If it were me I wouldn't have stayed for the facial after the incident and I wouldn't have payed. To me the whole point of a facial is the relaxation and I wouldn't be able to relax if I was in pain.

It's up to you if you want to pursue it further. If they have any decent customer service at all a manager should be able to offer you a complimentary facial. €70 is a lot to blow when you didn't really get what you paid for through no fault of your own.

Advertisement