Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebusiness Mgt Sytems Year 2 - Databases

Options
  • 29-07-2013 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, Can someone give me an overview of what this course module - specifically databases contains? I have been asked to help a repeat exam taker, and its been a while since college for me!

I'm an accountant and this course covers some accounting, but this could be purely IT - he's mentioned codes and lines?

I don't want to wast his time, any info would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭dmc17

Gary7 wrote: »
    Hi, Can someone give me an overview of what this course module - specifically databases contains? I have been asked to help a repeat exam taker, and its been a while since college for me!

I'm an accountant and this course covers some accounting, but this could be purely IT - he's mentioned codes and lines?

I don't want to wast his time, any info would be great, thanks.

I'd say the database module would include a lot of SQL, maybe some data modelling, database theory, normalisation. Best to ask him though.

There's a management and cost accounting module too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Gary7

Yeah, he gave me a copy of his exam paper, and its all SQL, no accounting, I'm not going to be much help!

thanks.

Advertisement