Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solo Travel Suggestions for 1 - 2 weeks

• 29-07-2013 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭

I need a holiday.:pac:

I am a male in mid 30's who will be travelling solo and am interested in sight seeing, activities and sports/outdoor pursuits.

I was *thinking* of flying into a European city doing some activities in a region for a while, before spending some time in that area and then a few days in the departure city.

Apart from that I have no idea what I want to do. I don't really like water sports.

The appeal of doing something active and then some sight seeing in a rural region followed by a blow out in a city before coming home is something that appeals to me.

The only thing is that it must be easy to travel about in and be safe and interesting for a solo male traveller in mid 30's.

I really would appreciate suggstions. No idea or preference as to where, but I thought that Europe would have something without having to go beyond this - although I will consider all suggestions.

I've previously been to USA and South America. I usually do these for about 25 day trips minimum, but I think I'll leave Vietnam, Asia etc until I have more time to organise an itinerary!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Beirut? Somewhere different and plenty to see around it too

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Newonhere

Have you thought about Scandinavia?
    We had a great time there about 5 years ago ,there are plenty of opportunities for activities in a rural environment with some magnificent scenery and the opportunity to blow of steam in cities. It's not too far to travel to and very easily researched and planned.
    Good luck wherever you finally decide on, hope you have a great time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Challo

Jordan. 10 days would be a perfect time there. Worth it for Petra and Wadi Rum alone, but lots of amazing ruins & desert castles, middle-eastern culture, one of the best Roman Ruins sites at Jerash and great food. I can't rave about it enough, one of the best trips I ever had.

Edit- sorry, not much opportunity for a big blow out though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I was thinking of going to Switzerland and travelling around by public transport seeing some cities, small towns off the tourist trail and a bit of outdoor pursuits in the mountains.

However, I've read that Switzerland is a boring country and nothing happens at night - is this correct?

Was thinking of maybe France as an alternative. What is their public transport like?

Advertisement