Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange habits

• 30-07-2013 1:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭

What is your strangest habit?

Mine is probably the fact that I often grab a small ice-pack and put it under the pillowcase before I go to bed. I tend to get very warm in the night, so it gives one of my pillows an instant-cold part, which I find nice indeed - was particularly handy in the recent heat-wave!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I like to pick my nose and my arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Roose

Chewing the inside of my mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I often sleep curled up in a ball at the top corner of my bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

I rub my face with the back of my hand (unawares) when I'm anxious , it's very soft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I often sleep curled up in a ball at the top corner of my bed.

**** and crying I hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I hawk greeners.

I brush my front teeth more, because they show.

I also like to drink tea while in the bath. From a cup, not from the bath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I like to pick my nose and my arse

In an order that would surprise us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Candie wrote: »
    I brush my front teeth more, because they show.

I also like to drink tea while in the bath
    . From a cup, not from the bath.

I'd say that's quite a nice combination actually!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I'm right-handed, but at night after my wife and kids are asleep, I seem to use the computer mouse with my left hand for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Just as I'm nodding off to sleep my body will do a weird jolt thing. I'm half conscious I've done it. But my boyfriend always gives me a little squeeze when it happens and I fall asleep smiling. :o

Wow, reading that back made me cringe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Just as I'm nodding off to sleep my body will do a weird jolt thing. I'm half conscious I've done it. But my boyfriend always gives me a little squeeze when it happens and I fall asleep smiling. :o

Wow, reading that back made me cringe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk

osarusan wrote: »

Oh thanks :) never even thought to Google it! was almost afraid to open that link.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Mine is probably the fact that I often grab a small ice-pack and put it under the pillowcase before I go to bed.

OP, that's genius! Mine is probably talking to myself while trying to solve unusual problems. My thought process is rather rapid, meaning that I essentially stare into space muttering seemingly unrelated sentence fragments, mostly along the lines of If I did this...but then he'd do that...and I forgot to factor in this...of course, that's it!...but that would never work...
    For some reason people say its disconcerting.

one of my strange habits, I have many, is that when Im having a bowl of cereal, I can only use milk from an unopened container.

Even if there is only a little bit gone out of one, I must open a fresh one. Oh and I hate milk jugs. Wont use one.

Drives himself nuts :o

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

I hold my breath going past graveyards, even it means basically going blue in the face!

Had a weird thing since I was child where I thought I would breathe in the ghosts. It must work because, as far as I know, I haven't breathed one in yet!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

**** and crying I hope

I'm a bigger man than that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭roseybear

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    What is your strangest habit?

Mine is probably the fact that I often grab a small ice-pack and put it under the pillowcase before I go to bed. I tend to get very warm in the night, so it gives one of my pillows an instant-cold part, which I find nice indeed - was particularly handy in the recent heat-wave!
    Thank u, u have now made me the best girlfriend ever, himself will love me for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

so thats what it is!! thanks osarusan, on another sleep related thing.. an ex of mine told me that I sometimes stopped breathing for a bit while asleep, I posted before in a thread about me doing that and was advised to get it investigated, sleep apnea I think they said

nice_very wrote: »
    so thats what it is!! thanks osarusan, on another sleep related thing.. an ex of mine told me that I sometimes stopped breathing for a bit while asleep, I posted before in a thread about me doing that and was advised to get it investigated, sleep apnea I think they said

Yeah my boyfriend does that. I just dig him in the ribs, freaks me out !! I can't have my breathing restricted at all so it bothers me when he's struggling to breath!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

I drink so much from 2 litre bottles (cheaper) that I now have marks on my hands from pressure of the neck digging into them.
    Might count as a habit.

nice_very wrote: »
    I posted before in a thread about me doing that and was advised to get it investigated, sleep apnea I think they said
    It's sleep apnea and it can be fatal, go to a doc.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_apnea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

A colleague of mine eats his earwax and snot.
    Hes been pulled up on it numerous times by management and colleagues but still wont stop.
    He starts tucking in after his breaks in the canteen(dessert) and doesnt give a fcuk whos watching him either.
    He alternates between his nasal/aural orifices sucking the contents from his fingertip like a chef would a fine sauce.
    People have become so used to it ,nobody bats an eyelid.
    The dirty bollix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I like to click the mouse buttons constantly, really fast.
    I'm always doing it with my 2 fingers. I always find a blank part in the screen when reading something, or when watching a movie etc and just clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I'm always doing it with my 2 fingers. I always find a blank part in the screen when reading something, or when watching a movie etc and just clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick

Oh god I'd kill you for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

When running across the road I do this weird "ay-yay-yay" (think frustrated Italian) to myself in time with my footsteps

I noticed it a while ago, tried to stop, then started doing it ironically when I couldn't stop, and now it's here to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Can't eat with a door / window open. I think it make food taste different. Especially eggs ands bread. I can eat outside no problem though!

And I turn the shower on about 10 minutes before I get in so the room steams up nicely. Won't be doing this for much long when the charges come in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Siosleis

A colleague of mine eats his earwax and snot.
    Hes been pulled up on it numerous times by management and colleagues but still wont stop.
    He starts tucking in after his breaks in the canteen(dessert) and doesnt give a fcuk whos watching him either.
    He alternates between his nasal/aural orifices sucking the contents from his fingertip like a chef would a fine sauce.
    People have become so used to it ,nobody bats an eyelid.
    The dirty bollix.

I just got sick.Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

I do this all the time too. I always feel like a right twat when it happens. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Pick the fluf out of my naval and make little jumpers from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

As soon as i wake up in the morning i let the most almighty fart . I really think next door can hear them they are that loud , must be building up the gas all night long. This started about a year or 2 ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

When I sneeze, I always shout "fuck" at the same time.

I avoid that awkward air trap in the end of a condom by popping a little pin hole in the end.
    Works lads,try it.

I avoid that awkward air trap in the end of a condom by popping a little pin hole in the end.
    Works lads,try it.
    While it's on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

I can only do a number 2 when I take my top off, easy when at home but when I am out and about I have to search for a toilet that has a coat hook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Have been having that for years and never knew what caused it. It's almost like an electric shock - not nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭JP85

Sifting throuh the after hours forum all day

(I know i only joined in january but i used to just observe before then)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Roose wrote: »
    Chewing the inside of my mouth.

My missus does that too - drives me mental. She pinches her cheek and chews away on the inside of it - it's fúcking retarded!:mad:

As for my odd habbit - I sometimes make myself a cup of tea and a cup of coffee at the same time, drinking a sup of one, then a sup of the other:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭daddyorchips

I pick scabs have ruined three tattoos by picking the scabs off but I cant help it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭daddyorchips

I pick scabs, even scabs that form on tattoos. Disgusting but I cant help it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Unlike the guys who twitch when going to sleep, I do it when getting up.

Basically when I am ready to get out of bed (or within a few mins of waking) my whole body shakes, sometimes quite vigourous and lasts for about 5 seconds. Feels like the body loosening up but never asked a doc. Sometimes happens during the day when tired but control it.

Scared an ex before the first morning in bed :D!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Ha I do that too. Can give my girlfriend a scare :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

As for my odd habbit - I sometimes make myself a cup of tea and a cup of coffee at the same time, drinking a sup of one, then a sup of the other:D

Doing this later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Only happens at home, because it'd look weird anywhere else. :pac:

I pour out the tube of Smarties, separate them into their colours and then eat the colour with the most amount of Smarties, to the least. :P

When eating Crunchies, I always have to eat all of the chocolate off first before the honeycomb. ;P

Those Loveheart sweets with the little things written on them, I'll never eat any that says 'I love you'. I have to either give them to someone else or throw them away. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

I always put on socks before my underpants!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Got this habit of pulling my t-shirt's neck collar over my nose while watching TV or playing a game on the 360... or pulling the base of my t-shirt for no reason... :pac:

No idea why I do it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I was actually doing this while reading your post, My sisters want to kill me when I try show them something funny on the web cause it annoys the hell out off them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Roose

My missus does that too - drives me mental. She pinches her cheek and chews away on the inside of it - it's fúcking retarded!:mad:

What's retarded about one eating one's own face?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

I always put my pants,boxers and socks on left leg first.(not in that order,dont want to look like superman)

• Advertisement
Advertisement