Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Nursing?

Options
  • 30-07-2013 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Just wondering is there anyway of getting around the written assesment? , any PLC courses or anything that would get you into a college possibly without doing the assesment or that would give a an advantage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 meganmaher21

Healy Boy wrote: »
    Just wondering is there anyway of getting around the written assesment? , any PLC courses or anything that would get you into a college possibly without doing the assesment or that would give a an advantage?

Hi, you can do a right FETAC level 5 pre nursing course but to be accepted into college based on your Fetac you would have to get 8 distinctions or you wouldnt have a hope. I did the written assessment this year and found the preparation day really helpful, also work experience as a care assistant helped with the job stimulation part of written assessment.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Unfortunately if you want to apply as a mature student to nursing then the assessment test is the only route. A plc can really help you prepare for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Healy Boy

how many modules would they be within the FETAC course, would ye advise doing such a course before applying for nursing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 moffitthannon

Hey there are about 10 modules involved in the nursing Fetac course, I am currently doing it now and am finding it very interesting and helpful. I did the mature written assessment last year and missed out by a couple of points, but I am happy I did because I think if I went straight into collage I don't think I would be able for it. The Fetac has giving me a great insight to what is to be expected of you in collage.

Advertisement