Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South East Asia- suggestions please :)

• 30-07-2013 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi all,

I am heading away in a couple of weeks with my boyfriend and we are going to spend about 7 weeks in vietnam, cambodia, Laos and Thailand.. in roughly that order. We will probably spent 12 or so days in the the first and last places.We will then have a week in Japan, 2 weeks in india and 1 week in sri lanka..
    It will be his birthday while we are in vietnam and i would like to surprise him with something different or unusual.. I was wondering has anyone any suggestions please?he is up for most things, i am not as adventurous however..anything like really nice reastaurants, activities, hotels, quirkey places etc.. any suggestions for this or rest of trip would be great thanks! We will be looking up the usual suggestions and lonely planet etc.. but just in case anyone had anything else in mind or to suggest while in these areas :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

For Thailand I found internal flights very cheap. If it suits I'd highly recommend ko phi phi. Its the most impressive of the thai islands i found. It's a 1hr flight to Phuket from Bangkok and then a bus/ferry ride across. Some hotels are only accessible by boat so watch for that. I know 3 people who didn't like India. Very poor and a lot of harassment, poverty, begging etc. It depends where you go off course. One pal said Sri Lanka was much nicer than India. I'd recommend Nepal especially if your are into hiking. Epic mountainscapes in the north. Btw, you have to apply for your visa for Sri Lanka before you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

We were on honeymoon that part of the world. We went on a 3 day Halong Bay cruise, it was really special... They had cake and a gift for us on the last dinner. Maybe you could surprise him with that?
    On Koh Phi Phi at the Island Village hotel you can have private dinner by the beach, another romantic dinner suggestion.

Advertisement