Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unauthorised Debit Card Transaction

Options
  • 30-07-2013 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hey,

So I just noticed a charge on my ulster bank debit card. Its showing as

''28JUL13 , CREAMPIETUB , EPASS.COM , MAIDSTONE GB , USD 49.95, RATE 1.3221''

The website epass.com doesn't exist and I never even visited creampietube. I searched online for how ulsterbank deal with this kind of stuff but they have no information at all about disputed transactions or charge backs.

Its my first time using this account in a while and the only places I made purchases from are Netflix, Bose.ie and Meteor. I doubt one of them has stolen my information.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Call the bank and dispute it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Indeed, call them
    Fraud helpline: 1800 245 403 +44 125 230 8047 Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm
    Sat 8am - 6pm
    (except public holidays)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Thanks, I wasnt sure what I was to do and it was too late to call...

I gave them a call today. They cancelled my card and refunded the charge to my account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

DylanII wrote: »
    Thanks, I wasnt sure what I was to do and it was too late to call...

I gave them a call today. They cancelled my card and refunded the charge to my account.
    Nice and efficiently dealt with! Just FYI, banks generally have a dedicated 24 hour card security helpline so you should be able to contact them any time!

Advertisement