Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmail question

Options
  • 30-07-2013 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

I have 3 different email accounts which all come into my gmail account.

However, I need to be able to quickly distinguish between the emails that I get(see which ones are from email x, email y, email z)

Is there a way to do this?

For instance, I get work emails and personal emails and I don't know which email the sender has used to contact me from.

I have to manually click the info in the email to see which email address of mine they typed.

Hopefully someone who knows gmail well enough will be able to explain to me if this can be done.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

You could try Mozilla Thunderbird mail client and it will give a list, down the left side of the window, of each separate account registered to it and how many e-mails are in each inbox, sent an deleted.
    If you do use it though, stop the others coming to the main G-Mail first to stop duplication.
    All you have to do to set it up is give it each e-mail address and password and it does the rest for you - a very simple solution. On the downside is that it is open to anyone logged in to your desktop account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Settings => Filters, create a New filter for each email address "To", and assign a different label to each address

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

If you're using POP3 to import your mail there's a check box to automatically label each email address.
    Settings > Accounts > Edit info

Advertisement