Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bill payment question

Options
  • 30-07-2013 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭

got  my bill online this morning, payment to come out of account on 13/8... if  i pay some of it by eft today will this be taken off the amount that comes out on 13/8?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

I reckon it should be, if you made an EFT payment today the money would hit their account by Friday at the latest, I think Direct Debits are run 2/3 days prior to collection so I'd imagine the balance on the account should be accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Whelan1,

Thanks Bassey.

Yes, a payment into your account will reduce the subsequent total taken by direct debit, provided you give a sufficient margin of time to prevent payment crossover. We recommend a minimum of five working days. This will give enough time for Electric Ireland to present to the bank for collection of the remainder of the bill total.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement