Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The unfixable laptop!

Options
  • 30-07-2013 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

About 2 weeks ago my laptop started installing updates. Since this it hasn't been working properly. It starts up but then takes over half an hour to open any programme/internet. It will then freeze a few times and have to force shutdown. I tried to go back to a previous restore point but it says there are none. I tried to uninstall the installed updates but then on restart is says configuring updates, then says they can't be configured and they all come back again. When I go into windows update is says I have never checked for updates- which of course I have and then says it cannot check for updates.
    I also get a lot of error messages, such as facebook messenger cannot start. Gfxui has stopped. Windows explorer not responding.
    Does anyone have any suggestions? It's a dell inspiron 15r. Windows 7.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Might be time to back up all your important data and do a clean install. Either the updates have hosed your system of you may be having hardware issues. Get your data backed up in any case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Go into safe mode and try and fix any changes in there.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Backup and try a repair install. Here's a guide.

Failing that, do a fresh install.

Advertisement